Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

maver dualcore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maver dualcore

hi guys i was thinking of putting maver dualcore in my new speedmaster it came with 2 match 4's and 2 power kits i fish venues like woodlands and the oaks what could you reccomend for them.
    Also would u reccomend removing the top1 and putting the laccy straight through the top2 on the match kits to save cutting them bk any help would be good A.S.A.P has i have a match on sunday and need to get them laccied
    thanks all
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain' !!

My first time out with Dual Core saw me loose that many fish that it almost went straight in the bin, but a little bit of adjusting the tension seemed to make it work better and by the end of the session I managed to keep a few on the hook. Judging by my experience with it I would be reluctant to use it first time up in a match, better to have a pleasure session first.
    If most of your fishing is on the commercials it would be better to remove the number one from the match kit.
    Dual core does last as mine has been in for over 3 years and only had a couple of inches taken off it.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

thanks brian for the advise will let ya know how i get on
      what do you think of preston hollow is that any good
      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain' !!

Comment

Not used it but know one or two that have and rate it, my moto is if it aint broke then dont fixit

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

I know its expensive but you still cant beat hydro!
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I spent a year or two using the 6-10 and 12-20 Dual Core and once I had learned how to play fish correctly, it performed really well. The 6-10 is great for winter fishing or mixed fishing on commercials and the 12-20 is fine for most sizes of carp.

However, on the venues I fished the carp were getting bigger and I felt a little undergunned with the dual core and I went onto black hydro, which IMO has a bit more power in reserve.

I've seen some very good anglers using the dual core (Scotthorne and Masson) and they seemed to be landing decent fish in reasonable time.

The secret with the stuff is to keep the pole low and hardly pull against the fish. Once you are dwon the top three, lift like mad and scoop them. The only problems experienced by the lads who were using it was when they had the poles in the air and were giving the fish too much stick. Once there are metres and metres of elastic out you can have all sorts of fun and games.

Mind you, those pull bungs might make the use of hollow elastics even more effective. I tried it with carp on the white hydro and it made a hell of a difference.

Comment

well i fished my match 2day and i used 12/20 and h15 was a good bit of fun coz only put the laccys in last nite so needed abit of twicking but i think i got it sorted after the 3rd fish and i really do like the daulcore and yes i agree u need to keep the top2 down then just scoop i lost a few from doing this at the net but in time practice will pay off plus i only have 1 match left this season so i have plenty time to get it rite b4 next yr when our league starts again

Comment

re;duel core

Hi Lads,
                Ive just put some maver duel core 12-20-red in my top two and am going down to woodlands on saturday,its the first time ive ever fished with this type of elastic, HOPE IT DOESNT SPOIL MY DAY,didnt think it would be so hard to use.
                Can anyone give me some advice on this and tell me what lake is the best choice apart from the match lakes? Is pellet and lunchen meat still on?
                swany76

Comment

i would prob drop my laccy down to a 6/10 dualcore this time off yr coz the carp don't scream off so fast and hard more so with this cold snap but if u do hit a lump then u could have a little trouble but u will still land it just may need to stand on ya box lol and has for bait i tend to switch to corn and pellet in the colder months or even bread flake or worm m8 but its your call let me know how ya get on

Comment

re;elatic duel core

Had a good day caught three carp and loads of little stuff,one carp i hooked was some size however it wrapped me round a snag and got off,nevermind.
                    Didnt find it a problem using dual core.
                    swany76

Comment

Working...
                    X