Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Tourny v Trilogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourny v Trilogy

Just out of curiousity there have been so many threads regarding these two poles, just want to know by people who are fortunate enough to own one what they really think about them after purchasing one and if they regret buying any of the said poles and what there highs and lows are.

I have 2 trilogy kinda speaks for itself
    Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Rich have you tried/had a tourny out on the bank, and what persuaded you to go for the the trilogy.

Just curious as i have seen a tourny whilst fishing a open match, the fella on the next peg had one and i was impressed with how it performed but aint seen anyone with a trilogy yet.

Comment

I find the tourny heavy and not as strong as it says on the tin the balance I think is ok till it has bung laggy in it. The trilogy I find is used able at full length all day and as the fish are getting bigger I need a pole that will cope! be light, balanced and very strong and i have never broken a section.

Comment

People who have one of these poles will tell you that the one they have is better than the other, its all down to personal choice, Im lucky enough to have a Trilogy and i wouldn`t swap it or sell it for anything.
          So im with Rich and i too have never broken a section!!

Comment

That's a bit dodgy lads saying tha u havnt broke a section. If I was u pair I'd make sure u have all your spare sections in your bag nxt time u go out...lol...

Comment

Another vote for the Trilogy, better balance, much stronger, as stiff, lighter, better finish, better value, cheaper spares, spares available for 15 years or more, made in Britain, doesn't work loose, strong long 4's and by the way i have had and sold 2 Airitys.
              also see Compare Pole Reviews, Specifications, Features and Prices | Pole Compare

Comment

Never seen a trilogy let alone used one, have a tourney pro tho. It's a dream to fish with to 13m I find it still ok at 14.5m and have fished shallow for few hrs @14.5m an it weren't too bad but gets kinda heavy after a while, Do find it a tad heavy to fish at 16m for a long time mind as I have trouble with my back so just use a bump bar. Short 4 makes a big difference obviously and I've hooked and landed fish to double figures no problems. I find the pole quite strong considering it is quite lightweight. I can only comment on what I've found but reason for buying it was looking around the bank week in week out 80-90% of poles used were daiwa, re sale value is good and there's always spares available.

Comment

Originally posted by carpcrazy View Post
                  That's a bit dodgy lads saying tha u havnt broke a section. If I was u pair I'd make sure u have all your spare sections in your bag nxt time u go out...lol...
                  I carry 21 top kits mate from size 6 up to size 18 3 of each Also I carry spare top 4s and short 4s and yes never broke a section whilst fishing. I'm not even bothered about the price of spares as I don't intend buying any also I have an aristocrat the same story. People who knock the tri cast poles are people who are sheep (got to have same as everyone else) I have been fortunate to own just about every brands flag ship pole and I'm still keeping my tri cast. I have even converted to there rods mint little things they are too, and the margin stick well strongest thing out there.

Comment

Well I dont own a Trilogy or a Tourney, not many use the Trilogy in the Leicester area probably as there arent any stockists
                    Last summer my mate turned up with one at the Glebe and after the match a few of us queued up for a waggle as we had never seen one.
                    I'd spent the match fishing shallow at 16m so couldn't wait to ship the Trilogy out to full length,the finish is brilliant glides through the hands lovely but the first thing that struck me was the amount of tip bounce when shipping out, its considerably more than the Airity,not what you are looking for if fishing long,i imagine it to be a lot worse with a toss pot fitted!
                    It's nowhere near as stiff as the Airity that's not an opinion thats fact.

Strength wise there's no doubt it's one of the strongest out there but you can't have everything.
                    Most of the top end poles are up to handling big carp in the right hands so it's a bit of a miss nomer for the Trilogy boys to push the strength as its main plus point,if you don't fish a venue that is really snaggy and holds massive carp why would you need "the strongest" pole out there?

After busting his 14m section my mate flogged his Trilogy and bought a G20

There's plenty of Tourney and Airity users at Mallory and none of them were impressed enough to go swapping to the Trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by GLEBE1 View Post
                      Well I dont own a Trilogy or a Tourney, not many use the Trilogy in the Leicester area probably as there arent any stockists
                      Last summer my mate turned up with one at the Glebe and after the match a few of us queued up for a waggle as we had never seen one.
                      I'd spent the match fishing shallow at 16m so couldn't wait to ship the Trilogy out to full length,the finish is brilliant glides through the hands lovely but the first thing that struck me was the amount of tip bounce when shipping out, its considerably more than the Airity,not what you are looking for if fishing long,i imagine it to be a lot worse with a toss pot fitted!
                      It's nowhere near as stiff as the Airity that's not an opinion thats fact.

Strength wise there's no doubt it's one of the strongest out there but you can't have everything.
                      Most of the top end poles are up to handling big carp in the right hands so it's a bit of a miss nomer for the Trilogy boys to push the strength as its main plus point,if you don't fish a venue that is really snaggy and holds massive carp why would you need "the strongest" pole out there?

After busting his 14m section my mate flogged his Trilogy and bought a G20

There's plenty of Tourney and Airity users at Mallory and none of them were impressed enough to go swapping to the Trilogy.
                      spot m8 .had go with trilogy about 5 weeks ago did not like it one bit and it was and bit winded that day tip was all over the place

and as you said tip bounce shipping out.

Comment

You forgot to mention Weight or balance I wonder why lol

Comment

Originally posted by rich200 View Post
                          You forgot to mention Weight or balance I wonder why lol
                          rich why is the tip so bounce is it the balance or is it weight.lol

Comment

Would be the flexibility in the standard no4 buy a short 4 and it goes. Weight lol what does the tourny weigh

Comment

Originally posted by rich200 View Post
                              Would be the flexibility in the standard no4 buy a short 4 and it goes. Weight lol what does the tourny weigh
                              if you going on weigh hi say Trilogy is lighter but doesn't make it the better pole. the tourny came out 2004 . cabon as move on from then so that why it is lighter the trilogy.
                              but the tourny as been there best selling pole thats speaks for it self.

Comment

Working...
                              X