Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Which one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one

I know there is a price difference but could possibly get the preston one second hand from somewhere, so which of these two for pellet feeder fishing to islands.
    Drennan series 7 puddle chucker or Preston mini carp.
    Im a river angler so excuse if its an obviouse choice.
    River anglers Go with the flow.

Definitely the Preston. The drennans are great value for money but the preston is the better rod.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Cheers Connor, not had a waggle with the preston one yet, ive heard they are a bit soft, would they handle carp in the low doubles?

Comment

I've had the Prestons and they are no where near as good as the spro mate for a lot less money, I got rid as soon as I tried a spro. They've better casting and fish playing power, the preston ones are no good for larger fish, but that's my opinion,

Comment

They are good for bonus fish, just not for regularly catching them
          [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Spro?, what makes that?

Comment

I match fish 3 days a week and would never go back to preston rods, they are over rated, if you google spro waggler rod they will come up buddy. The spectron m2 is also a good rod.

Comment

Sport Professionals. Spro - Sports Professionals

Comment

Any particular short feeder rod, for comercial pelet feeder work.
                  Just about to go and have a look on ebay.

Comment

Sorry mate, read your post wrong, I thought you wanted a rod for wag fishing, for feeder fishing I use the greys gtec range

Comment

Have a look at the shimano beastmaster 9-11,a very versatile rod and great at both lengths.
                      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Cheers Paul, I like the look of the beastmaster but a tad expensive.

Comment

hi m8, all my rods are shaky mach3,s and the 10ft 6in mach3 is about the price of the drennan and as good as the preston [imo] and are lovely rods and as with all shaky rods are well discounted off r.r.p. at the big shops and imo the mach3,s would be close to £100 of your quid,s if made by some other makers . in a word they are " Bostin "
                          tight lines + good luck !!!
                          MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

Drennan comdo is spot on i use it alot. But avanti do a good one for £20 ive got one them and its thin and light had the same fish on it as the Drennan. One of the best things to come out of used tacke.
                            [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick b View Post
                              Cheers Paul, I like the look of the beastmaster but a tad expensive.
                              You have a pm. John
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X