Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

middy xk55 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• middy xk55 help

hi all due to current pole breaking again iv decided to up grade. my choices are torney x pr the xk 55 which i am erring too. so to any one who has the of the middy xk55 my question is with the middy what is the aftersales service like, are spare easily available and can the pole be taken past 16m as i can find no metion of extensions i hope that these. an be answered as this is going to be the turning piont of my purchase

thanks guys

rob
    [CENTER][SIZE=7][B][COLOR=red][COLOR=blue][I][I]Bg Floats[/I][/I][/COLOR] [/COLOR][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=#0000FF]hand made floats [/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#FF0000]They [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]Stand the Test of Time - [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4]Contact:[/SIZE] [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL][/B][/CENTER]

Anyone ive spoken to about the Middy have said spares are hard to find. I would go with the Daiwa.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by connor View Post
      Anyone ive spoken to about the Middy have said spares are hard to find. I would go with the Daiwa.
      hi connor, do you know anyone that has actually broke a xk55 and had to order spares? reason i ask if that i already have one and it' feels solid, but i would also like to know if spares are available. i do know that sections are interchangable with the other x-series poles and they could be a "make do" till a proper section becomes available, but the pole won't be the same as with a proper section

Comment

middy have loads spares available. My mate has just bought the xk55 for this reason.
        He has got rid of his tourney pro and having seen and felt the pole at full length ( with an elasticated top) i can see why.
        the finish is better, stiffer than pro and longer when measured at full length. oh and its strong

Comment

cheers steve do u know if you can get extensions for the pole so u can take it past 16m i know u can with the tourney pole ant this would be. big plus in the xk55 vote
          [CENTER][SIZE=7][B][COLOR=red][COLOR=blue][I][I]Bg Floats[/I][/I][/COLOR] [/COLOR][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=#0000FF]hand made floats [/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
          [CENTER][B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#FF0000]They [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]Stand the Test of Time - [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4]Contact:[/SIZE] [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL][/B][/CENTER]

Comment

aint sure mate but would've thought so. if i was in market for pole i'd defo be looking at one. an get the xm10 to go with it, all sections interchange and cheaper back up option plus the xm10 i saw in action yest it is also light stiff and strong as an ox. especially one i saw it had 25 solid thru margin top kit and handled it easy.
            give middy a ring mate they will tell ya bout extensions

Comment

yeah steve was thinking anout the xk10 s well for the reason u mentioned i have sent them an email but waitin an answer looked at the ostings i can get both poles n 5 karp kits £600 cheaper than cost of the lol

Comment

if you look on u-tube Rob Wooton he does a video of it
                in Vid he states that ifhe is using it solely for Big fish he always uses the XM10 sections from 6 up that tells me that the XK55 is not strong enough
                A good freind of mine has 1 & chose to get extra top kits rather than a cheap pole for sections
                He ordered 2xno4 2xno5 2xno6 the day he picked it up he is still waiting for the sections 7 weeks!! in the meantime he has broken no5 section
                to be fair due to it blowing off a roller,(that can happen to anyone )
                He wont shove a cheap pole up the front so he cannot use the pole
                Middy have told him 3 to 5 weeks from last weds
                Stick with your DIAWA Boggy it has proved itself time after time & spares are Easy to get
                Colin

Comment

yeah col another deciding piont is i have just recieved an email from middy stating that they do not do extensions past 16m where as diawa do should i need too, dont get me wrong its not often that i would go past this, but at places like little john it is a bonus if u can reach so could be back to the tourney plus i do know that there aftersales is second to none

rob

Comment

yeah col another deciding piont is i have just recieved an email from middy stating that they do not do extensions past 16m where as diawa do should i need too, dont get me wrong its not often that i would go past this, but at places like little john it is a bonus if u can reach so could be back to the tourney plus i do know that there aftersales is second to none

rob

Comment

had a faff with one a these satday and i must say its very very solid was told by local tackle shop this pole was based on the tourney........with a short 4 section this pole will be more str8 than a airity tourney trilogy and the new garbo M1!!! for £1300 brand new with a warranty worth every penny
                      [B][COLOR="blue"]"QUALITY AND VALUE HANDMADES AT THE RIGHT PRICE"[/COLOR][/B]

[B][SIZE="7"][COLOR="blue"]'I.L FLOATS'[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

so u really rate it then after ur waggle! iv had peps that own them state they are strong as the tourneys an to be honest i rarely go above black hydro so it should be ok for the job my only niggle as i keep saying is the extension thing but to follow on from that is how often do we all go past this length. sounds like im trying to convincing myself now lol

Comment

Originally posted by SheffieldLad View Post
                          had a faff with one a these satday and i must say its very very solid was told by local tackle shop this pole was based on the tourney........with a short 4 section this pole will be more str8 than a airity tourney trilogy and the new garbo M1!!! for £1300 brand new with a warranty worth every penny
                          if you'd have asked me mate, i'd have put a short 4 on for you to play with

Comment

sure the 16m section is the same could u just buy another 16m??or try a section off ya SR?? craig im pretty sure that pole will be awesome with a short 4 init ill be honnest at 14.5 u no uve got hold of it but its still like a poker with 16m section its still fishable for 6 hours theres a demand for these poles and now i no why
                            [B][COLOR="blue"]"QUALITY AND VALUE HANDMADES AT THE RIGHT PRICE"[/COLOR][/B]

[B][SIZE="7"][COLOR="blue"]'I.L FLOATS'[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

sounds a no brainer to me,half the price and just as good!!!my only worry with any pole is joint weart over time,i had a maver 401 and it was fantastic but after 3 years the joints were well worn,this made it rather droopy and a nightmare in the wind at long lenghts,the price of the k55 makes me wonder how much it will wear over time and with it been a new model you are guessing.however the daiwas and tricast have stood the test of time,thats your only gamble.i had a look at waterlickeds k55 and it seemed a very good pole for the money,he got a great deal on it aswell,i,m sure he would give you all the info on it if you p.m him he,s a great lad.ultimately it will be your choice and the right one for you may not be right for someone else

Comment

Working...
                              X