Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Preston Hooklength Boxes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston Hooklength Boxes.

As in the title, any users out there want to tell me why I should buy some?

I've looked at them and just think that even with short, method hooklengths, if you've got a quickstop or band on an hair and you put more than one hook on a peg they're gonna tangle up. Am I wrong?

Also, the 'peg' that you put your loop over looks huge! My loops are typically much smaller than that.

I tend to tie two or three hooklengths up the night before a match and fix them to feeders which then sit in my groundbait bowl ready for use. Problems begin if you want to change bait or presentation at which point I'll tie some more up.

This is far from efficient!

ive got several boxes for all my hook lengths, never had a problem wih hairs tangling, your right about the pegs being to big needed a bit of doctoring with nail clippers and alls good, get some great bit of kit
    brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

Hi Pablofish.
      as the man above said.
      All the best steve.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the replies fella's. Looks like I need to get me some.

Up until now I've been using slide winders and tagging one onto the previous which has worked to a fashion but is far from ideal.

I'm assuming they're watertight (?) or do you need to throw a bit of rice in with them?

Comment

They are great bits of kit, tidy kit, tidy mind! They shut fairly well, doubt they're watertight though, I've never had any problems though
          Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by stevel View Post
            they are great bits of kit, tidy kit, tidy mind! They shut fairly well, doubt they're watertight though, i've never had any problems though
            same opinion as above

Comment

Home - Match and Coarse Fishing
              Look on reviews and ive done a write up on them.
              Best on the market IMO
              [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
              [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
              [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
              [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Look at the MAP one mate, Bit more expensive but far more versatile. I have had both but have given my Preston ones to my son as now I have everything i need in one box.
                [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
                106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Comment

The preston boxs are cheap enough, lightweight, slim design so are easy to store, they're not watertight but if they do get wet dry out easily at room temp! a very good h/l box!!!

Comment

Okay so on your collective heads be it... I popped out and bought one, tied up 20 hook lengths and... went back to the shop the next day for another one!

These really are good and I'm wondering how I ever got on without them.

My reservation about the pegs being a bit big for my loops was unfounded really as I use one of those Seymo 'disc with sticks' styleƩ loop tyer thingies and simply switched to the larger side. It's neat enough.

Boxes probably aren't entirely waterproof but by god the catches are secure! Struggled to get the thing open to start with, think there's a knack.

Anyhow's, thanks for the advice fella's, shop doesn't stock the MAP ones so I couldn't make a comparison but I'm VERY happy with these I've bought.

Comment

Working...
                    X