Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pole Repair and best wrap or carbon to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole Repair and best wrap or carbon to use?

Hi guys, ive got a tiny little crack in my no8 section of my SR4 which isnt to bad but could do with some protection around the area which is about 10 inch from the top end of the section. Ive been told a touch of super glue and some shrink wrap will do the job but is it worth paying the extra and get a carbon wrap around it? Ive seen shrink wrap at my local tackle shop but where can you buy Carbon wrap from? All help and advice welcome please..... Many thanks Clive.

super glue not water proof araldite your best bet,even better if you could put another secton of pole inside under damaged section hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for that mate, i have had a previous section done that way before and it worked very well. What i would like to do is try and repair this section with a Carbon wrap and where i could purchase it from? My local tackle shop only sells Shrink wrap. I have been quoted £30 to carbon wrap repair it and feel this is a bit steep in price so if i can buy it i will sort it myself.

Comment

get it done by a pro,if it goes you may lose 7sections,for £40 max is it worth the worry.

Comment

Hi Clive.
          Have a look at carbon mods, they do a pole repair kit.
          I also think there is a advert for it on the forum on the home page.
          All the best steve.

Comment

I would get this repair done by a pro as FISHDOGMICK as adviced. I have had professional pole repairs done at Esselle pole repairs contact number 07759678774. His name is Scott. I can only recommend him as i have had had repairs done by him in the past on a top end pole. He is alway busy so that speaks for its self. Give him a ring and ask for a quote you have nothing to loose.

Regards Steve
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

Thanks Lads.. Im based In Manchester Steve so a touch to far for me mate...

Comment

Post the section to Paul's Tackle Centre in Denaby, Nr Doncaster, Andy does very good repairs and prices are good, quick return also.
                www.tacklefinder.net

Comment

i can vouch for andy at denaby too hes a good kid does awesome rod eye whipping too and side puller conversions numbers 01709 862558 give him a shout n just tell him ian lee and gaz from tackle finder have reccomended him

Comment

Working...
                  X