Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Space station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space station

AFTER A WEEK OF "SELL ME YOUR BOX DAD" I EVENTUALLY GAVE IN AND SOLD MY SON MY SPACE STATION
    (METAL CLIPS) WHICH, AS A PROPER TACKLE TART, WAS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION (WASHED AFTER EVRY MATCH).
    i AM NOW LOOKING TO GET THE SPACE STATION COMPACT FOR MYSELF, DOES ANYBODY ON HERE USE ONE, AND WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN WEIGHT BETWEEN THE BIG ONE, AND THE COMPACT, AS I WANT SOMETHING THAT IS A FAIR BIT LIGHTER
    RGDS
    DAVE.

If i remember dave the compact is smaller and is on
    A lighter frame than the original spacestation which was
    A very heavy box. They both have 2 different frames and are
    Both different shapes

Comment

Hi Dave
      Is there such a thing as a light seatbox, my father in law has a prestons x4, was not to bad weight wise, until the gear goes in.
      I think you will just have to try one and see, that is why barrows are all the rage, with all the gear we carry on a match.
      pleasure fishing , just buy a small box and only put a few bits in it.
      all the best steve.

Comment

hi pudsli, as an out an out match angler been at it for over 30yrs. i try and fine the tackle down every yr, but as you know mate you take summit out and something takes its place. I use the original penrose barrow platform, but it still gets to be a proper mare getting from your motor to your peg, especially on some of the venues i fish.I have over the yrs had every top end box out there, and i agree that even empty most boxes are heavy,and when i bought my first space station it wasn,t to bad, but now i (being a tackle tart) want a new box, and as i honestly think that preston make the strongest boxes out there want to stay with them, and was wondering the weight dif between the big one and the compact.I was looking at the new box that simon wilsmore has designed the Quad, and it is pure class,it is the first box that with the footplate only has 4 legs, brilliant if you want to sit sidesaddle while fishing.
        any way i rant on
        thanks for your advice
        rgds
        dave

Comment

Hi Dave.
          I know where you are coming from, i have a milo 3500, not the best box in the world , but very comfy and also heavy.
          I think you will have to visit a few shops and try some.
          It's good to have a rant now and then.
          All the best steve.

Comment

Get the xs11 mate better box I asure you of that

Comment

Working...
            X