Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

brolly fiberglass or normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brolly fiberglass or normal

Looking.at a new Preston brolly and see they now do a lighter fiberglass version are these as strong as normal steal ones as need it to last me

Hi Ian how are you mate? Ive got a waterline fibrelight 2 brolly which are suppose to be the muts nuts in windy conditions but i found out today they are GARBAGE..... Some of the lads had cheaper brollys up today that didnt flinch? After today im looking for a new one, and like you wanting to know what is strong enough out there?

Comment

clive me old mucker how are we doing ,like you say the most expencive are not always the best .there was a lad next to me with a brolly from dragon carp and it next moved an inch ,im not saying there the best but i want a good quality one like you self that can stand the wind

Comment

Im doing fine mate and im off to Larford 2 weeks tomoz for 4 days, 1 match on Arena, 2 on the Speci lake and 1 on the Match lake. Hoping the weather improves though? A lad next to me today had an Avanti Umbrella and trust me it didnt buckle once in Wind that would blow you over? Whether it was because it was smaller than mine or made of material that will withstand high winds? Im at Firtree on Sunday 20th May for a club match and hoping i can Empty it?

Comment

i was using a waterline also today mate one with the zip for the pole and its was hopeless to say the least ,the thing started letting in water so packed up and slung it in my van,never getting one of them again i know what for sure.next time you going for a please day let me know mate and ill meet up with you
          ian

Comment

Get the composite spar version, these flex and are not quite as stiff as the steel ones, but when they flex they don't bend, break or get damaged, BUT no brolly is any good if its not secured properly
            Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by shooter550 View Post
              Get the composite spar version, these flex and are not quite as stiff as the steel ones, but when they flex they don't bend, break or get damaged, BUT no brolly is any good if its not secured properly
              What Shooter said
              John

Comment

Gents

I have been in the same boat as regards to brollies over the years and they have not been cheap one's. So about five years age i bought a cheap brolly from the Viaduct fisheries, cost me £20.00 back then and i am still using it today. It as fiberglass ribs. The only problem I've had was the other week when the teletube being hollow bend in the wind . As mentioned above in windy conditions make sure you use guild ropes.

Hope this helps.

Regards Steve
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

my brolly never moved today,it stayed in the garage with the rest of my tackle while i sat in front of the t.v drinking coffee watching the footy.lol.

Comment

Waterline are crap, preston are crap, the best ive used and still have in one piece and hasnt blown inside out is the new matrix space brolly. Good shape, good coverage. Trust me ive had all the ''good ones,, and this is by far the best, its got a great locking bracket at the top of the brolly

Comment

I have a 50" Wavelock Nubrolli it's lasted me 22yrs, it's strong & supposed to be rip proof don't know if they are still available now & it aint ripped.
                      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

I have a 50" Waveley Nubrolli a bit heavier than the new stuff but stong & rip proof, 22yrs & still going.
                        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

No more brolly for me just my waterproofs and bait brolly for me now
                          Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.

Homer J Simpson.

Comment

Working...
                          X