Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fitting pulla side kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting pulla side kits

Thought i would share how i did the side pulla kits on my new E Carp Pole , maybe others have done the same but anyhow here gos.........

Drilled with fine boilie drill to get a small pilot hole and then a 4mm bit. used a bit of masking tape round section where i was drilling to do this.

I used 2 sizes of Maver Match This internal bush - sizes 3 and 6, the no 3 fits inside the 6 perfectly !! and will accept elastics big enough for use on pulla kits.

I inserted size 3 inside with some araldite on it, use a pole threader pushed through drilled hole and then put bush onto it. Its a simple job as it runs down threader and falls through the 4mm hole with its top stopping it coming out. Araldite then sets it inside section and also strengthens where hole has been drilled from the inside of section.

Then using the 6 mm bush i cut the stem off leaving just about 1 mm left to the head and pushed them over protruding 3mm bush for a nice fit ! some more araldite around bush. left them to dry and trimmed them off. slight sand with very fine wet and dry and job done !

By doing it This way i have a bushed inner and outer for a smoother elastic system and hopefully also a lot stronger - will keep yous posted on how its working out.

Sounds like a good idea, well done , however after all that effort I'd personally just send Trevor Jeans an email and order some of his side pulla bushes, shaped at both ends, they also have a slight undercut under the shoulder so when pushed into the hole they clip into place and as he uses the very best PTFE they are a million miles smoother than any commercially available bushes.
    Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by shooter550 View Post
      Sounds like a good idea, well done , however after all that effort I'd personally just send Trevor Jeans an email and order some of his side pulla bushes, shaped at both ends, they also have a slight undercut under the shoulder so when pushed into the hole they clip into and as he uses the very best PTFE they are a million miles smoother than any commercially available bushes.
      If id known that i would have got some ................i didnt think Trevor did side pulla bushes, definitley going to get some section bungs made from him as i heard they are spot on mate

Comment

have you used your elite carp yet still waiting for mine

Comment

Originally posted by sensaskidni View Post
          If id known that i would have got some ................i didnt think Trevor did side pulla bushes, definitley going to get some section bungs made from him as i heard they are spot on mate
          I don't think they are on his website yet, but if you drop him an email he'll sort you out, I've had close to 20 now and almost time to get some more
          Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by corn-muncher View Post
            have you used your elite carp yet still waiting for mine
            Tomorrow. but ive had it up for a waggle. 13 metres like a poker, 14.5 still v v good and with a short 4th as rigid as it is at 13. loses it at 16 but most poles lose it a bit at 16. its a heavier pole than some but then its a carp pole and for the money its QUALITY !

Comment

Do you need to put a carbon wrap on the section or not? If not, doesn't it weaken the section? or is there no noticeable difference?

Comment

Thought i would share how i did the side pulla kits on my new E Carp Pole , maybe others have done the same but anyhow here gos.........

Drilled with fine boilie drill to get a small pilot hole and then a 4mm bit. used a bit of masking tape round section where i was drilling to do this.

I used 2 sizes of Maver Match This internal bush - sizes 3 and 6, the no 3 fits inside the 6 perfectly !! and will accept elastics big enough for use on pulla kits.

I inserted size 3 inside with some araldite on it, use a pole threader pushed through drilled hole and then put bush onto it. Its a simple job as it runs down threader and falls through the 4mm hole with its top stopping it coming out. Araldite then sets it inside section and also strengthens where hole has been drilled from the inside of section.

Then using the 6 mm bush i cut the stem off leaving just about 1 mm left to the head and pushed them over protruding 3mm bush for a nice fit ! some more araldite around bush. left them to dry and trimmed them off. slight sand with very fine wet and dry and job done !

By doing it This way i have a bushed inner and outer for a smoother elastic system and hopefully also a lot stronger - will keep yous posted on how its working out.
                hi do the same but put bung in as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jimspurs View Post
                  Do you need to put a carbon wrap on the section or not? If not, doesn't it weaken the section? or is there no noticeable difference?
                  It can only weaken the section but that's the price you pay. If you put a wrap on it, it looks well ham shank.
                  Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Originally posted by dunk View Post
                    hi do the same but put bung in as well.[ATTACH=CONFIG]8657[/ATTACH]
                    Waste of money IMO those bungs are mate and made to be used with the short power kit extension Maver supply. Not the easy flow power kits.

Comment

Originally posted by rich200 View Post
                      It can only weaken the section but that's the price you pay. If you put a wrap on it, it looks well ham shank.

Carbon wrap not required on E Carp as the easy flow kits that come with the pole have a power zone built in. As above, a carbon wrap would look a bit out of place on the suncore finish on kits also.

Comment

[QUOTE=corn-muncher;319931]have you used your elite carp yet still waiting for mine[/QUOTEt]

Used it today, had Tench and carp to 6lb in a howling wind. Great job and pulla kits worked a treat also.

Comment

Waste of money IMO those bungs are mate and made to be used with the short power kit extension Maver supply. Not the easy flow power kits.

but the ones hi use are not maver m8 and fit in all match kits and power kits.

Comment

Working...
                          X