Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Floats without eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floats without eyes

Ive been given a giant box of old mixed tackle and I'm a bit confused by some of the floats, they have no eyes for the line. Instead they have small elastic bands around the base. Ill try to include a picture for reference. If anyone could explain how to use them that would be great. Thanks for your help

Ignore the rubber at the base of the float, as they look like a waggler float, to use these you need to purchase waggler float adaptors, which you thread on to your line and lock into position with shot, then the plastic end is pushed into the adaptor.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Okay thank you very much. The tackle he left me includes a bag of about 100 of these small rubber bands, what do you think they were used for?

Comment

Drennan Float Attachments - Matchman Supplies

Castaway Tackle Pellet Bands (Bulk packs) - Only £3.25 - Castaway-Tackle

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Butterworth View Post
          Okay thank you very much. The tackle he left me includes a bag of about 100 of these small rubber bands, what do you think they were used for?
          They're float bands which used to hold the float on the line before waggler adaptors came along. Still used for stick float fishing.

Comment

Working...
          X