Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fishable Pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishable Pole

Morning all, I wanted some advice if I may.

I have been fishing a place at South Cerney called Walters Lakes, With a total 73 permanent pegs split into 4 canals by a series of islands, every peg to an island at a distance of 16-19m. The lake has a uniform level bottom of between of 5'6" and 6' depth and a near and far side shelf. There is a good sprinkling of Carp between the 7-10lb range with the best fish weighed in a match of 13lb 3oz. You will also find a good head of Tench averaging 2-3.5lb and a large number of silver fish to be caught on smaller baits including Rudd, Roach, Skimmers and Perch.

The canals actually start at around 13 - 14.5m, so what I am looking for is a pole that is fishable at 14.5m, and please bear in mind that Im not a young man anymore, I do however have the clever claw fitting to use with my 8 draw boss box, can anyone recommend a decent second hand one or what they suggest is a good all round pole for this type of venue.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice...

heres a link to it: http://www.lakepochard.co.uk/walterslake.html
    Last edited by Lesco; 10 May 2012, 10:37 AM.

Whats your budget? I would have a look at the new maver elite carp pole
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

now tell him the price Connor...........
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Maver Elite E Competition Carp Pole | Ted Carter Fishing Tackle
        [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
        [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot View Post
          now tell him the price Connor...........

Yea I checked it out, its a little pricey for what I want, I dont match fish anymore, to old and arthritis has kicked in a bit, but its given me some good ideas, I am budgeting around 1200 squid for a new pole.

Comment

Lesco, know the feeling mate, retired this year & just do the occasional matches but still have a head thats in match mode & a body thats in decline. Pole wise I would go the Daiwa route, if you want new £1200 will get you a Daiwa G20 or a 2nd hand tourney pro. £1500 will get you the new 2012 Whisker ( which is what I bought) Go round any match venue near you & see the poles that are being used & ask the guys after they have finished if you can have a waggle. If you want to mess around with a Whisker you are welcome to have a run down the M4 to Maidenhead & try mine. cheers John
            John

Comment

Thanks for that John, Im going to one of our local stores this week to have a look at there selection, they have the G20 and the room to feel it at full length so Ill check that one out

Comment

Lesco I use a g20 at Walters lake and get on fine with it your welcome to have a look at mine next time I'm up there
                [url]Www.blacksilverbaits.co.uk[/url] - quality groundbaits!

Comment

Working...
                X