Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Shimano stradic 4000..japan model question..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimano stradic 4000..japan model question..?

I have a japanese made stradic 4000 gtm...rear drag with the fighting drag exactly the same as the original stradic x model..(white one)...the one i have does not have stradic x on any of the body..
    all it has is stradic on either side the of body and 4000gtm down the back plate of the reel..the spools have 4000m on them...was this the model before the stradic x ,its not one of the new versions as its been in the case for many years and still smooth as silk it also has a double handle which is an original part of reel..??

cheers.
    Team GB rug munching champion.

The main difference between the Stradic X and the Stradic GTMs was that the X had higher gear ratios and therefore faster retrieves.
    Rather than a grey back end the X has a metallic gunmetal finish. The GTM was the original version but, iirc, the X was in supplement to the GTM and not a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Vimes View Post
      The main difference between the Stradic X and the Stradic GTMs was that the X had higher gear ratios and therefore faster retrieves.
      Rather than a grey back end the X has a metallic gunmetal finish. The GTM was the original version but, iirc, the X was in supplement to the GTM and not a replacement.
      thanks very much for information.
      Team GB rug munching champion.

Comment

hi mate as a great lover of stradic reels, and especially the GTM, they were in my opinion the best stradic that was made.i have owned the stradic x, and not a patch on the GTM and the fighting drag will not let you down.If you look after that paricular reel, it will no doubt be a collectors reel in the future.I just recently bought the 3000 model for my son, and it was immaculate and got it for £70 posted.The 3000 is a proper bit of kit for many aspects of fishing but in my opinion takes a lot of beating on a nice feeder rod fishing 60/70yds for slabs.
        all the best
        dave

Comment

Working...
        X