Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Shimano technium 11/13ft feeder rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimano technium 11/13ft feeder rod

Hi all, can anyone tell me what the above mentioned rod is worth second hand in good condition,supplied with 3 tips
    i want to buy it for my son, but just an idea on value b4 i step in
    rgds
    dave

I can't tell you the value, I have had a 'medium' one of these for about 10 years and paid about £130 new.
    It's a great rod and will cope with a very wide range of species and situations about £60 would sound reasonable but I wouldn't part with mine.

Comment

thanks sogster,what main lines will it cope with,it has 3 tips 1,2 and 3oz, the first 2 being glass and the latter carbon,i would imagine it could ba a very nice bream rod with the 1oz glass tip fitted, and if it can handle 7/8lb mainline, then it will be ideal for the puddles as well.
      thanks for any more info you can give
      rgds
      dave

Comment

Dave, I have the 11/13 model it is capable of handling lines up to 8lb, and a useful tool for commercial carping, were the average fish are around the 5lb mark, although I have had fish on to double figures they take a tad longer to land.
        With the 1oz tip fitted its a super tool for silver fish and I am happy to go down to a 3lb line with a bomb.
        I would have said that the value is a bit less than £60 as I purchased mine brand new at under £100 around ten years back, think the RRP was £130. There is one on Ebay at £22 with an hour to go

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Is it definitely the Technium or the Technium DF? Shouldn't make a vast difference to the price though I'd value the DF version more highly (purely a personal thing).
          Either tend to fluctuate in price quite wildly on ebay. Somewhere between £40 and £80 isn't particularly unusual.

Comment

The one on ebay went for £31-50

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

hi all, and many thanks for the advice.brian the ebay rod was the one i was looking at,and just my luck as i was waiting 5 minutes from the listing ending, someone came to the door and i got into a chin wag and forgot about it,ah well maybe it wasn't meant to be.
              thanks guys
              rgds
              dave

Comment

Working...
              X