Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cleaning your Pole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning your Pole.

How do you clean your pole, can you use car polish on it...?

I just wipe the outside down with a wet cloth and allow to dry, the inside I use the shower on it. Put a small amount of water in the section cover both ends and shake let water out. Make sure you let dry completely. As for the car polish no you don't know what reaction you could get mate.
    Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Bucket of warm [squirt of w/ u/liquid] water for outside and inside joint,s ,wipe leave to dry . spray each section with mr.sheen and wipe with soft cloth , seems sticky at first but in no time it,s dry and bob on !!!
      MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

Baby Wipes.

Comment

ferry liquid and a dam cloth

Comment

Originally posted by fishboy1 View Post
            ferry liquid and a dam cloth
            Or even Fairy Liquid and a damp cloth, morning Michael lol
            John

Comment

Used to shower it but it got knocked about in the bathroom,hose outside now,wipe down,that's it,have used mr sheen,silicon car spray in the past with no bad effects.

Comment

Hi All.
                mine goes in the shower, left to dry and the pole cleaner brush rammed up it.
                after that i use amourall, it makes a good laccky lube aswell.
                All the best steve.

Comment

i use baby wipes then try the pole with a towel

Comment

Wire brush & sand.
                    Or wet wipes.
                    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

WD40, works for me

Comment

WD40!!!! I used it as lubricant once!!! NEVER AGIAN dissolves your elastic lol

Comment

I just spray a bit on a cloth and wipe pole down,don't touch elastic

Comment

Its got petroleum distillate in it,personally I wouldn't put it anywhere near a pole,can't be good for the paint or bonding resin.

Comment

I would think in time the pole would de-lamminate with wd40,to be safe dont use it.I never clean mine till real grotty,then its fairy liquid in the shower(when the wifes at work)and a good dry off with a teatowel.
                              [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Magenta"]Keep On Trucking[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X