Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hook help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook help !

A friend of mine fished 2 matches last week and lost countless carp,as did every one else.They put it down to the carp spawning,i said it was their rubbish hooks!So when i was out last saturday,naturally i hardly landed a thing,i was hooking F1s,bream,roach etc.Im in the middle of sorting my gear out and i'd like to know what hooks people on here use.I use a 9ft feeder rod,usually feeder,sometimes bomb,and fish in the margins using my pole.Where normally i fish there are tench,carp,F1,roach,skimmers,bream,i dont fish matches and only use barbless 14 to 18s and ready made banded.So any advice on make,gape etc would be most welcome Cheers,Jonny.
    I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. ~Robert Altman

Anything forged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

QM1S are good hooks for bomb/feeder! I definatley lose less fish since using them!

Comment

I like preston PR36 hooks for the feeder and bomb, but the QM1s are also very popular. For the pole down the edge I love using the Fox series 2 hooks, but they have been discontinued. Take a look at Guru MWG hooks instead
        [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
        [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

QM1s for me as well and any of the guru range.
          [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
          106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Comment

Many thanks for the replies so far,got some Guru 16's today,trying them out tomorrow.I'll let you know what i think of em
            I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. ~Robert Altman

Comment

Originally posted by sandy View Post
              QM1S are good hooks for bomb/feeder! I definatley lose less fish since using them!
              Ive started to use them on the pole as well now.A size 16 for pellet,size 14 for paste,and a 16 or 18 for fishing shallow.i was using b911's but found that if i bent the hook into a "hook in the circle"i lost far less fish.[roy marlow showed me how to bend the hooks].the qm1's are bent very similar,hence the change over.

Comment

PR36,or drennen carp match
                OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Top hooks ! fished in shocking conditions,but hooked everything (but not a lot) I'll be getting some more sizes this week.

Comment

Circle hooks in size 4/0

Comment

B911 all day for me
                      [URL="http://www.fishingforforces.org/"]http://www.fishingforforces.org/[/URL]

Comment

Fox series 2.

Comment

Working...
                        X