Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

preston gis10 absolute pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preston gis10 absolute pole

Been offered one of these at a good price what do you think?,mainly into fishing canals and rivers for silvers thanks jim

An old model but very good in the day - very strong and well up to carping as well as silvers. If joints etc are ok and at right money (no idea what u consider to be ok) then go for it, the pole was quality. Btw Id be thinking £300, depending on condition/ no. of spares.

Comment

Using one now,had it from second hand for about 3 years now.They were fetching about a grand with plenty of spares when i bought mine.Very strong and pretty stiff,plus if you get the striker kit with it then all the tops fit it and you can fish for lumps confidently.If the poles in good nick with plenty of spares then £500 would be a very good price.Have noticed that anglers are selling of the sections and tops of these gis poles seperately on ebay,earning more money than selling as a whole pole.Im more than happy with mine and wont be upgrading in the near future as id have to spend a lot of money to better it,
      cheers
      cornerstone.

Comment

Very good pole, the last couple on ebay have sold for over £1000. BUT the spares are very very expensive.

Comment

still toying with the idea of floggin me gis12 craig !!! LOL

sorry for the partial thread highjack !
          :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

cheers lads im going to have it,its in cracking condition going to have to get some no1s for it all kits cut down to the same size thanks for info

Comment

would be interested in what price you eventually pay for it plus what spares you get.
              cheers
              cornerstone.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerstone View Post
                would be interested in what price you eventually pay for it plus what spares you get.
                cheers
                cornerstone.
                corner can you tell me what you piad for yours.

Comment

i paid £700 for one and it came with 16 top kits. 5 number 4 . spare 5 and 1 short stop.

Comment

Dunk,i paid £1000 for the 16 metre pole,plus i got the striker kit,i spare no 4 and 1 spare short 4.also 4 short stops[short power tops that are used with the striker kit.i have margin rigs set up on mine in a tube ready to pull out and fish with to save time.]i got 6 power tops and 2 match tops.Two cupping kits,one preston and one garbolino extending kit[i use this one].A preston holdall,i think thats about it.Ive bought a couple more gis tops and two pulla kits since,so i think thats about it for me for a number of years.As i said ive had it 3 or more years and i mostly use the striker kit for pleasure fishing,the pole for matches when i might need to go out further.£700 with all those kits is a great price,with tops going at about £40 each second hand then just your tops were worth the £700 layed out.Thats why sellers are splitting the pole up into lotts,they get more money.Well done,good price dunk.
                    cheers
                    cornerstone.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaky Lloyd View Post
                      still toying with the idea of floggin me gis12 craig !!! LOL

sorry for the partial thread highjack !
                      Why you wanting to replace it with an Airity ?? Get yourself an M1 - They're great !!!

Comment

paid 500 quid for it 3 short 4s,4 normal 4s,4 match kits 4 power kits,cup kit

Comment

Thats a nice deal.You could sell some of your no4's no bother.Anglers are always looking for spares from the GIS series.
                          cheers
                          cornerstone.

Comment

Originally posted by jim123 View Post
                            paid 500 quid for it 3 short 4s,4 normal 4s,4 match kits 4 power kits,cup kit
                            Thats a bargain fella, you could put that on ebay and double your money straight away or split it up and sell them all seperately and treble your money - happy days.

Comment

120.00 i paid for 5 top kits.

Comment

Working...
                              X