Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pole Upgrade Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole Upgrade Advice

After years of sitting behind buzzers and roving rivers I decided to go back to pleasure fishing, just happy to get bend in rod. I even got a s/h Yank & bank pole which I really enjoy catching skimmers, crucians & other silver fish. I don't fish comercial fisheries just natural club lakes that do have some carp and bigger bream in. I normally fish 2+2+1 sections but find my Daiwa pole a bit heavy and stiff for what I want. I use 6-10 Middy hollow core on one top and 12-16 on other top. Is there any lighter poles say 11M to 12M long that would do me. I want to spend say £200 to £300. I've seen a few on bank like Shimano Tecinum and Map TKS125 but they are thick at butt and I need a slimmer one as got small hands.

The shimano technium is a very good pole for the money and is probably of average size at the butt,I'd recommend having a look at the daiwa sr1 and sr2 and even the shimano beastmaster margin pole in your price range. There's loads out there-let us know what you decide on.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I see there is a few Daiwa SR2 poles on eBay for around £300...not bad for a new pole. Are Daiwa good for spares and reliability...?

Comment

I would recommend having a look at the Maver match this range, for the price they are probably the best low-mid range pole available, also one of the lightest poles out there and for the type of fishing and fish you target. I also believe that they are made on the same mandrel throughout the MT range so if you ever want to buy extra top kits etc it'll be easier to get than some of the other poles in that price range
        Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Pikerwoods View Post
          I see there is a few Daiwa SR2 poles on eBay for around £300...not bad for a new pole. Are Daiwa good for spares and reliability...?
          Very good for spares,they're always available and daiwa are good reliable poles. I had the sr4 which I was very pleased with and have now got a daiwa whisker,which is the best pole I've ever had. But I've heard good things about the sr2 and sr1's especially for the price.
          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Had a change of mind as don't fish further than 8M with my pole. Thanks anyway for advice.

Comment

I got a yank an bank margin pole thought it quite light myself!!! Great to use in the wind too as its so skinny, might as well stick with it mate!!!!

Comment

Try and get an sr3 mate, should be able to pick a second hand one up for that.
                [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Talk about a pointless post !!

Comment

Working...
                  X