Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Diawa g20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diawa g20

Hi

Really thinking about getting a Diawa g20 has anyone got 1 or got any info on 1

Any info would be great
    J

http://www.daiwasports.co.uk/product...onnoisseur-g20

Comment

have a look at www.polecompare.com for reviews on most poles

Comment

In my opinion Daiwa seem to have a pole to suit all pockets from the SR range to the Airity. With the G20 you are buying into their British Built quality poles & it is a very popular & reliable tool. A big plus point is that most of the sections are interchangeable with the Airity, Tourney Pro, Whisker 2012 so there is no problem obtaining new or 2nd hand sections. Some other poles are not so good with spare sections if you have a disaster. Paul K & I travelled from London in January to Fosters in B'Ham to try all the top poles in pole alley & we felt the Daiwas were right for us & so we both bought a 2012 Whisker which is £300 more than the G20 but that was our choice & the G20 is a great pole. The other bonus is that top end Daiwas are always in demand so you will never have a problem selling it a couple of years down the line. I have nothing to do with Daiwa this is just my honest opinion. John
        John

Comment

I bought a G20 early this year and wish I hadn't, I seem to be having the same problem as a few more owners, sticking 6&7 section and broken 6's, the 6's were on back order and not in the country according to Phonecall I overheated from the tackle shop to Diawa, I was without a No 6 for over a month, Diawa's supposed good customer service seems to be failing more and more owners, there's a list of people waiting for new sections and numerous complaints about their service, I like the pole but wish I'd never bought it.

Comment

When I went pole testing at fosters of birmingham I tested all the top end pole and the last 5 out on the rack was torny trilogy gmaxx g20 and sensas 774 for half the money of a top end pole and only very slightly slightly less stiff at full length it is a very very good pole! I bought a torny and haven't broken a section yet and if I'm honest I think they are pretty much the same with a different sticker on lol

Comment

Originally posted by dazzzzzzz View Post
              I bought a G20 early this year and wish I hadn't, I seem to be having the same problem as a few more owners, sticking 6&7 section and broken 6's, the 6's were on back order and not in the country according to Phonecall I overheated from the tackle shop to Diawa, I was without a No 6 for over a month, Diawa's supposed good customer service seems to be failing more and more owners, there's a list of people waiting for new sections and numerous complaints about their service, I like the pole but wish I'd never bought it.
              I'm not sure, but I'd say you got the wrong end of the stick, the G20 is made totally in their UK factory, so unless being not in the country means Scotland is another country I'd be very surprised. Also on them being out of stock I'd say your issue might poss be with your dealer not Daiwa as I managed to break 2 #6's both my fault as they don't like being stood on one dealer I went to said 2-3 weeks I called another and they said we'll have it here within 2 days and they did, you'll find even for breakages the shop needs to order a set amount for Daiwa to ship (not if warrantee claims) so they might have dragged things out till they needed enough.
              Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

The shop in question already had two on order, Diawa suplied a factory second for me to use, in total aprox 7 weeks before the new section arrived, nothing to do with the retailer because I was chasing up the replacement as well. I have a feeling that they may keep stock back to sell where as warranty customers are made to wait, they were willing to sell me a section before I mensioned the "W" word.
                The conversation I heared defernatly said "not in the country" and "issue with the number 6's" I have no idea where they are made nor care, although I've heared roumours that not all poles/sections are made in the UK.
                Funny thing is you never seem to be aware of "known issues" untill you come across it yourself, like the supposedly excellent Diawa customer service, not in my case, or from a few people I've spoken to, but the people who pay for sections seem to get excellent service, so much that some pay for sections first and then return the original for a warranty claim

Comment

I was looking at getting one of these but a bit anxious now. What are they like at 16m ? Are Daiwa bad for spares then?

Comment

Nothing to be anxious about mate,I've had one for a good few months,fishing twice a week,catching carp into double figures,a brilliant pole,best I've ever owned,would thoroughly recommend one for commercial carping.

Comment

what about the 6/7 sections ? Also whats is like at 16m and 14.5m ? stiff , light thanks , ryan.

Comment

I know two people with older G20's and they've never had a problem, that influanced my purchase, those I have spoken to or have read about were resent purchases, faulty batch??? Couldn't say

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Webb View Post
                          what about the 6/7 sections ? Also whats is like at 16m and 14.5m ? stiff , light thanks , ryan.
                          As I said,not had a problem with it,2012 model,as for what its like at length,that's a personal opinion,what's right for one may not be for another,I think its quite good at 16m,only a few grammes heavier than a pro x but not as balanced or stiff but close.But then it didn't cost 2 grand.

Comment

nothing to worry about mate these pole are almost bomb proof,owned my g20 for a few years now and its still going strong,i also have an airity and they all interchage,when i have had to order a new section they have all come in less than a week.
                            Originally posted by Ryan Webb View Post
                            I was looking at getting one of these but a bit anxious now. What are they like at 16m ? Are Daiwa bad for spares then?
                            [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

[/SIZE] [url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

get a gis12 bought,,, know where theres one going for sale n'all ! LOL
                              :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Working...
                              X