Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Method Feeder Hook length.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Method Feeder Hook length.

Just wanting to know what size of hook length you prefer to use on the method? I know it has to be small but is 4 or 6inch best? I sometimes reel in when using a 6inch length and its all twisted up? Why? Has this anything to do with when you put your hook bait into the mould and you have to fold your line? I use mainly 0.15 preston line to a PR36 size 16 hook. Also do you prefer to hide your hook bait inside the method or leave it out?

Also wanted any thoughts on these new Korum Dura Methods that i have just read about in this months IYCF mag?

Also when making my micro's and i wanted them a little more stickier should i add my horlicks with the water at the start or after they have soaked up the water? All help and advice will be great..

4 inch hooklength, every time.
    I use the guru method feeders, they are just fantastic.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

i always use 4 inch hooklengths for the method,and the pellet feeder.in 0.19-0.22mm diameter,7-9lb.never drop any lower as you risk getting broken too many times due to lack of stretch in shorter hooklengths.hookbait is buried,or left in the top layer of bait,depending on the amount of bites.
      best method feeders,Drennan and Guru.
      if you are using horlicks to bind your pellets,add it after they are dampened.
      you can also use the particle and pellet syrups from mainline to make your pellets stickier.

Comment

4 mate
        Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

4 inch
          or if im popping up a bait i use a 3 inch
          and ive only ever used drennan flat method feeders

Comment

4 or 5 for larger feeders, i add horlicks to the pellets before wetting, i'd also use thicker line like 0.20 or more often 0.22 for decent carp. And i always have hookbait in feed unless fishing a big hookbait in open water.

Comment

4inch maybe sometimes use 3inch rules of venue depending........from 0.16 to 0.25 venue depending agen mosella bait bands and korum quick stops also only ever used preston 30g/45g thods (never let me down and very strong also the best mould ever)
              [B][COLOR="blue"]"QUALITY AND VALUE HANDMADES AT THE RIGHT PRICE"[/COLOR][/B]

[B][SIZE="7"][COLOR="blue"]'I.L FLOATS'[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Thanks lads. I think i will just have to try and get my fat fingers use to making smaller hook lengths... lol.

Comment

Buy them ready made, guru and drennan do some cracking ones
                  [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                  [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                  [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                  [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by connor View Post
                    Buy them ready made, guru and drennan do some cracking ones
                    Waste of money and better to do it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                      Waste of money and better to do it yourself!
                      I agree, ready tied are for the bone idle.
                      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

I always make my own and really enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
                          I always make my own and really enjoy it.
                          Same here, I'll sit there all night til I get a right cramp in wrist lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X