Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Which power pole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which power pole?

Hello

The other night I was hitting munters and stopping them going into the reeds. Managed to succeed for all bar one big fish. Whilst doing this, I was afraid of breaking my tourney pro, so now i would like to get a power pole for such occasions. Nothing too expensive, just very strong and going to a minimum of 14.5 metres.

Can anyone recommend one?

Ta

Dick
    Warm Guinness is better than no Guinness at all!

gmaxx power carp or power maxim(original) if you can find one only 12.5 mtrs but could drive your car over the butt sections

Comment

Cheers fella. I see you sold one recently. Why? What did you get in place of it?

Originally posted by corn-muncher View Post
      gmaxx power carp or power maxim(original) if you can find one only 12.5 mtrs but could drive your car over the butt sections

Comment

I use my tourny pro for everything! will handle any situation

Comment

Cheers fella - good work. I might get a couple of CTK5 power kits and use those with a short 4.

Originally posted by sandy View Post
          I use my tourny pro for everything! will handle any situation

Comment

Yes pal dont worry your pro wont let you down! I was in a similar situation the other day pole was bending like crazy and i was using a match kit with black hydro. I think its ok having all these super stiff poles but i like a bit of bend when im fishing for carp LOL!

Comment

I was crapping meself in case it broke. The long number four tends to be the one that breaks if any do. Never known a short four to break that wasn't stood on!

Originally posted by sandy View Post
              Yes pal dont worry your pro wont let you down! I was in a similar situation the other day pole was bending like crazy and i was using a match kit with black hydro. I think its ok having all these super stiff poles but i like a bit of bend when im fishing for carp LOL!

Comment

Tricast collusus or basically most tricast poles

Comment

A mate recommended the XRS-2K4 Power Margin. There's a video on the Tri-Cast website for it which I watched, but matey boy was only catching sprats. I didnt see any good fish caught - 2lb max?

I know Tri-Cast have a good reputation but that video doesn't do them any favours in my opinion.

Originally posted by tackle21 View Post
                  Tricast collusus or basically most tricast poles

Comment

Corn-muncher wrote...... Drive your car over the butt sections!!...made me laugh anyway

Comment

I can confirm the tri cast colossus is the strongest pole out there by a mile. Also the 2k4 is ultra strong I own one, and use to have the colossus. For the strength b911 was selling an aristocrat very strong pole.
                      Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
                        Corn-muncher wrote...... Drive your car over the butt sections!!...made me laugh anyway
                        Kevin Ashurst drove over my holdhall @ Queen Elizabeth rd Enniskillen a few years back !!
                        2 Power Maxims & a shimano Dia flash in it
                        Maxims were unmarked !!
                        Diaflash slightly damaged (totaly SMASHED to bits) that was the only 1 in a tube !!
                        Colin

Comment

sold my garbo gmaxx as i had an maver elite carp not as strong as a garbo but a lot stiffer still got a garbolino premier legion i use for munters on the paste at places like moorlands

Comment

Every time i got my Premier legion out of the bag it Broke it was without a doubt the Worst pole i have ever owned
                            2 of my mates also had 1 also super legion & they fell apart exactly the same
                            Colin

Comment

You've just reminded me, I need to update my mates advert and remove the Maver M8 pole. Did you buy his 3 and stink bag Colin?

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                              Every time i got my Premier legion out of the bag it Broke it was without a doubt the Worst pole i have ever owned
                              2 of my mates also had 1 also super legion & they fell apart exactly the same

Comment

Working...
                              X