Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pro Logic quick release connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Logic quick release connectors

Hi,

Bought another set today to replace the ones i already have as i thought i may have got a dud set but these were exactly the same.
    Connected them to my rod rest head and there is between 90 and 180 degree play in them.
    Do you have the same problem or have i got another bad set.
    Think i may give the korum ones a go, as anyone any experience with these and how do they compare to the prologic as i want something that doesn't have so much play in them.
    Definitely don't feel confident using them on keepnets or landing nets.

Regards

Shooter

Send Real Ideas a PM if you think you have a problem with ProLogic connectors pretty sure he will sort you out.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Hi Brian,

Did that a few months ago when i bought the set that i have now replaced.
      Interested in other peoples impartial opinions.

Regards

Shooter

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
      Send Real Ideas a PM if you think you have a problem with ProLogic connectors pretty sure he will sort you out.

Comment

I have same problem have to wriggling them around before they snap in very frustrating I'm now
        Looking at Korum quick release Cam
        Anyone using these?
        Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.

Homer J Simpson.

Comment

Quick release connectors are overated, any one usimng them regular will get through a couple of sets in a season, The Aluminium wears and becomes soft.
          Phils Tackle & I.L floats

Comment

When snapped in place mine still move between 90 degrees left to right, do you have the same problem when located or is it just when you are trying to get them to snap into place.

Anyone used the Korum ones and how do they compare as they look like there will be no movement once connected.

Regards

Originally posted by clifton View Post
            I have same problem have to wriggling them around before they snap in very frustrating I'm now
            Looking at Korum quick release Cam
            Anyone using these?

Comment

I've had some for 2 years,used on my keepnets twice a week and not had any problems,i'm sure they are alloy pro logic ones,got them from the Evesham Festival £6 for 3.

Comment

I have Pro Logic & use them a minimum of three times a week never had any trouble. a mate bought some off ebay that looked the same, if I had seen his first I would never have bothered.
                Avoid copies especially cheap ones.
                I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

I only use them on my keepnets and rests wouldnt trust them on landing nets

Comment

Originally posted by nearly20mbob View Post
                    Quick release connectors are overated, any one usimng them regular will get through a couple of sets in a season, The Aluminium wears and becomes soft.
                    Bob i use them on my keepnets
                    mine have been on my bank sticks for nearly 3yrs my nets wore out & i put the same ones on the new ones
                    i must be lucky as mine get used about 5 times a week !!
                    Colin

Comment

Both sets i purchased are definitely originals, bought from North West Angling.
                      Can someone answer my questions please.
                      DO YOUR PROLOGIC CONNECTORS WOBBLE WHEN SNAPPED INTO PLACE?
                      HOW DO THEY COMPARE TO THE KORUM ONES AS THEY ARE MORE EXPENSIVE BUT LOOK TO HAVE A BETTER BUILD QUALITY?

Thanks

Stuart

Comment

Do mine wobble, no. Not tried Korum happy with Pro Logic.
                        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

I use the prologic ones for my rod rest,pole sock etc and they've always been very good. I'm not sure why anyone would use them on a landing net though? That's somewhere you don't want a weak spot,surely?
                          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

[b]do they wobble when connected?b]
                            Originally posted by paul k View Post
                            i use the prologic ones for my rod rest,pole sock etc and they've always been very good. I'm not sure why anyone would use them on a landing net though? That's somewhere you don't want a weak spot,surely?

Comment

Only use mine on my Keep nets !!

NO THEY DONT WOBBLE !!
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X