Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Rive D25 slipping legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rive D25 slipping legs

Recently bought a D25 through TA site.
    Delighted with it, but I do get regular "leg slippage".
    I am "only" 13 stone!!
    The guy gave me a complete new set of knob assemblies which I've fitted.
    But still does it.
    Any suggestions??
    Last edited by Blondie; 21 July 2012, 12:57 PM. Reason: typo

i get that regularly i find that its grit between yer leg n fittings i take it all apart n scrub every component usually does the trick

Comment

I never get it at all on the main legs mind u tbh i almost never adjust them! Sometimes it happens on the extention bit......16mm thats inside the 25mmm but thats because i aint tightend it up right! got four extendables on the front and two normal on the back!!
      Ive set the main legs and frame on a level surface tight and generally only use the adjustable legs on the front!!!!

Comment

hiya blondie
        got the same problem but its just 1 leg ,taken it apart many times but cant find anything wrong,its doin my head in
        i end up really tightening the knob to such a n extent that i struggle to undo it,ive got a set of alluminion knobs but dont think thats the problem as the other 3 work.if you manage to sort it let me know cheers gumbo

Comment

Just glad I didn't pay silly money for a Rive!
          Apart from the legs it's great.

Comment

Dont get that on my shaky box,mind you there again it as no legs,had the same problem with a ultima box

Comment

wot about taking the knob off! addin a washer or three to the thread that is sticking out and the puttin the knob back on! Make sure the whole threw the washer aint to much bigger than the screw thread!! again i aint got the problem so just thinking wot it could be...

Comment

I'll try that tonight. Cheers

Comment

The washers didn't work - certainly not on the back legs.
                  I ended up with three tins of corn and an extension arm propping the back up yesterday!

Any other suggestions welcomed...

Comment

best if you just buy a complete leg locking mechanism from nathans not very dear

Comment

Thanks for that. Just went through their website and I can't find these.
                      Any ideas what they call them?

Comment

they are on page 64 rive book and are called stirrups,,,,,!708389 i got mine from the local tackle shop who had them hanging there.......

Comment

Contact Rive, i am sure they have it repoted before and would just keep it quiet.
                          They may send you some free.
                          River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Got the same trouble with my Milo box,I am the same weight 13 stone.Tried everything known to man but it still does it.I even tried roughing up the offending legs with coarse emery but no luck.Is there a box out there that doesn,t have leg slippage ,if there is I will get one.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin61 View Post
                              Got the same trouble with my Milo box,I am the same weight 13 stone.Tried everything known to man but it still does it.I even tried roughing up the offending legs with coarse emery but no luck.Is there a box out there that doesn,t have leg slippage ,if there is I will get one.
                              Octbox mate, if you tighten them right and I'm 24 stone, disabled, and otch(fidgit) about a lot.
                              Only ever had the extensions slip and that was due to my son not tightening them right.
                              Cant fault it.

Comment

Working...
                              X