Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

skimmer rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skimmer rod

wanting a good skimmer rod for 20 - 45m may also use braid on it i dont like the action on shimano beastmaster carp rods i had the ax and got rid found them too floppy for my liking
    got thse daiwa tournament pro 10/11s are ok for skimmers but got to play them soft on mono but sometimes have to use braidand can be a bit hard on them
    what would you recomend
    cheers
    [url]www.makplumbing.com[/url]

Budget??
    Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

Dont have one

Comment

Looked at the tournament multi match but only one type of tip

Comment

Have a look at the Frenzee range of rods, they are far better than their price indicates, I bought a Tourny 10/11 and after a week it was sold, compared to either the Frenzee 10 or 11' it was total crap, in my eyes and hands, not to mention over twice the price

http://www.frenzee.co.uk/match-rods/cat_8.html
          Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

If you found the beastmaster floppy,take a look at the speedmaster multi medium 11-12'.
            This is what I use for skimmers and proper bream,it's an oustanding rod. I've never used it with braid,but it's got fuji sic guides,so I would imagine it would be fine.
            Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Best skimmer rod I ever used was the Drennan 11'6" medium feeder, hard to find now though
              [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Team Daiwa 11ft feeder awesome

Comment

Witch one of the daiwas just had a look 2 different rods in 11'
                  What is the garbolino 10' & 11' super g rods like

Comment

The Garbolino super G rods are very good and could be just what you're after, never used mine with braid though - got both the 11' + 12' sat in the tackle room not been used for 2 years if you're interested.

Comment

Tricast trophy or daiwa black shadow,original bream rods

Comment

Shouldn't be any need to use braid at those short distances.
                        Matchwinner-S is a good old style rod as is the original drennan light feeder. Nathan Watson likes the conny x I believe...I like the conny z as well. Garbolino Super G 11' is a cracking rod...and there are loads of devout tri-cast fans so they must be good..
                        MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Another vote for the Frenzee. Use it at Larford with mono and Port Talbot Docks with braid.

Comment

Working...
                          X