Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

daiwa poles coming apart when shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daiwa poles coming apart when shipping

any way to stop this happening ive noticed a lot of top range daiwa poles coming apart when shipping in and out my new airity superslim has "fell apart" every time ive used it

Use 2 rollers and slightly twist as sections are put together.
    I use parcel tape on the male joint,this seems to stop it aswell as zero joint wear.

Comment

Every couple of hours just check your sections on the way out I have a 2012 tourny and has only come apart once a simple 10 second check every now and again does the trick ! Not to sure about putting tape on a 2k pole though ?

Comment

one word superglue stops anything coming apart but make sure you have a 17m flat bed truck to take it home on

Comment

Candle wax lines on the male section!!!

Comment

i cant believe a top of the range pole "falls apart" when shipping in and out !!!!!
            new pb 151lb 11/08/12 oak pool,cobhouse

Comment

Was slapping with mine all day Saturday never moved a mm

Comment

Forfdy is quite correct use 2 rollers ,If you use only one roller the joints slowly comes apart as the pole bounces --Sorted

Comment

my spectron comp still does it now after all these years only on the 7 and 8 though!!!

Comment

My tourney does it 5 an 6 joint just check it every now an again an twist slightly, bit of a pee off really tho!!!!

Comment

my g8 does it on sections 6,7&8 despite using 2 rollers &twisting joints and lining up arrows!!
                      superb pole in every other respect but does slow you down when shipping in&out as i have to check it frequently

Comment

My Tourney did the same. As for a top end pole, this problem should have been rectified a long time ago by daiwa. I got at fled up with it, it sold both tourney's and i don't regret it. As I've said it another thread, joints coming loose, to much bounce and the last three silver sections sticking to your hands. Daiwa have rectified the silver sections in the tourney X , but you still have the other two problems.

Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed my tourney after using it for about six years. There came a point when it have to go. Researched the Browning Z12 and all the above problems i had with the tourney have disappeared. Some anglers prefer Daiwa poles, but all the time that these issues are there with Daiwa poles, i will continue to use some other brand. Because its not a daiwa it does not mean it not a good pole. in my opinion Browning have put in a lot of research into the development of the Z12 and there are some nice extra touches to the pole over and above the tourney and airity.
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

Its a nighmare!! Lost my top six again today managed to get it back though. Ive now lost total confidence in my tourny pro when fishing shalla which is my favorite way of fishing. Think its time for a change.. Tourny pro coming up for sale........

Comment

Same as Fordy - an inch wide strip of parcel tape along the the male end. Mine has never come apart

Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
                            Use 2 rollers and slightly twist as sections are put together.
                            I use parcel tape on the male joint,this seems to stop it aswell as zero joint wear.
                            Warm Guinness is better than no Guinness at all!

Comment

has anyone approached daiwa about this problem

Comment

Working...
                              X