Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

float and feeder reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• float and feeder reels

right lads im looking to buy a couple of decent reels for float and feeder fishing, what am i looking for when choosing a reel for either? price range around £50 each! thanks in advance
    Matt Smith
    Bag'em matchbaits

Feeder wise you cant beat the Shimano range IMHO, Float wise look at the Daiwas... but much depends on the type of fishing you are doing... is it long range feeder or are we talking carp puddles or rivers...
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

as far as feeder fishing goes it will be mainly short work up to 30yrd on commercials for carp upto 8lb with maggot and small groundbait feeders?
      Matt Smith
      Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

then have a look at the okuma range excellent reels

Comment

I would go for one of the Shimano range like the 4000.. excellent for up to about 60 yards and they last forever with a little TLC
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

i think with shimano reels you are paying for the name, at least with okuma,s you get five year warranty

Comment

Matt Get yourself over to WMAC, Bills lane they are doing some good deals on reels and rods (Yard sale as they call them).Been over today spent a few bob.

Comment

Okuma - vfm

bought one of the small OKUMA baitrunner reels 2 seasons ago for £30 to try for method fishing as i had a lucky escape at drayton with rod going in. To say the least it exceeded all expectations and handles all you can throw at it. Recently fish to 15lb at Larford at about 60 yards

Comment

Working...
                X