Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Rive Trolley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rive Trolley

Got myself a Rive box ... anybody had problems with the Rive trolley system - I was advised not to get it as it apparently breaks easily...

Anybody else got a Rive and using a different trolley? Just want to find out what is going to be the best trolley to go with it.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

The most matchanglers using rive boxes at home , but you do not see very often the rive trolley. they all use very big plattforms , 80 x 100 cm , with one or two wheels on it . I think they look like the barrow plattforms .

Comment

I have a rive and a trolley system as well to go with it. Personally i cant fault the system myself and pack tonnes of gear on to it every week and never had a problem with it. However i know a couple of people who have and being in the situation where you have got a box but no trolley then i would say that a penrose xxl barrow would be your best best as it doubles up as a large platform also and is about £30 cheaper than the rive trolley. Best place to get one would have to be the penrose direct website as you can pick one up including delivery for £95 (Penrose Direct - Online Angling Equipment Shop)

Comment

I have modified my Boss trolley and it does the job a treat.

Comment

Simon,
          Go for the Penrose XXL barrow platform. I have had one about a month now and it's a great piece of kit, both as a barrow and as a platform. The standard 26inch legs are great for most of the river venues I fish, although I will get a longer set for when I want to wade on the Kennet. It is well engineered and should last years. Plus you can get all manner of add-ons if you so wish.

The only "problem" I have is that my Brilo box is not big enough to fill it up, unlike a Rive box! Oh and you need a car with a BIG boot. I hear that the future XXXL version comes complete with tow hitch and tail lights!

Stu
          A Southerner, lost in the Midlands. ;)

Comment

Right chaps thanks for the advice - Penrose it is!
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Stu,thats a good idea

I hear that the future XXXL version comes complete with tow hitch and tail lights!

Comment

Had me one of the cheaper ones today (well two to be exact) one each for me and the wife + a couple of shakky Quba carryalls and stink bags got a few bob knocked off

Comment

Working...
                X