Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Shot or Stotz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot or Stotz

For those of you out there that have tried both which do you perfer?

i alwayed used the preston slip shot, i found they slid along the line easily and when they first came out i found them to be a consistant size, but after a while found they was all diffents sizes and the cuts were all over the place causing them to hang awkard, having saw a friend of mine using stotz over the last winter just before they was released on to the shelves i was impressed, so since they have been avaliable i have been using these i find them neat and very easly to put on,

but the question is do any of you notice if the presentation is any better than ordinary shots??? because i dont think i do!
    Matt Smith
    Bag'em matchbaits

I bought some stotz in size 8 & find them very neat & easy to slide & put on, I have been impressed enough to buy the other sizes. I'm not convinced they make any difference presentation wise though. My only negative is I find them very difficult to open up & remove from the line

Comment

i agree with mark about trying to get them back off the line. I also dont like the nice shiney silver colour, would prefer a dull colour such as black, dark grey, dark green ect

Comment

Are they they that dear that you have to take them off and re-use them

Comment

Originally posted by .me
          i agree with mark about trying to get them back off the line. I also dont like the nice shiney silver colour, would prefer a dull colour such as black, dark grey, dark green ect
          try sprinkling a few drops of vinegar on them and allow to soak,after a night of this they will go a nice dark colour.and if you dont like it save the vinegar for chips on the way home.

Comment

Have a look at the new ZLT shot,its very very soft, its absolutely brilliant.

! Fishing Shot Manufacturer, Non Toxic Fishing Shot And Lead Free Fishing Shot Manufacturer
            Last edited by woodhouse; 10 October 2006, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Lee we where on about these ages ago but I cant find a retailer selling them, do you know anybody local

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeacre
                Lee we where on about these ages ago but I cant find a retailer selling them, do you know anybody local

I'd never seen them before this week Frank and the lads in Bilston angling centre were raving about them when i went in the shop monday...so i got a number 13, a number 10 and a number 8 and put them on some 0.06 line and you could move them about...i was very impressed mate.

Comment

I cant use shot , I've used stiles for years, but I find I am limited to using light floats

Comment

Personally i cant get on with styls...they always seem to end up in a mess on my side tray...lol

Comment

Originally posted by polepot
                      Are they they that dear that you have to take them off and re-use them
                      Sometimes I just want to remove a number 8 & replace with 2 number 12's
                      Nothing to do with them being expensive or being tight

Comment

Lee did you get them from Bilston angling centre

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeacre
                          Lee did you get them from Bilston angling centre
                          I saw them in there Frank so i know they have got some, But if you go there only take enough money to buy some or you will spend a fortune mate, its the best tackle shop i've ever been in...

give them a call to find out the price on 01902 495366.

Comment

Already been in the shop, know what you mean.Will give them a bell.

thanks mate

Comment

The only person i know who went in there on their first visit and came out without spending a fortune was Simon(.ME.) and that was only because they had TOO many types of pellet and he got all confused, lets face it Frank we all know Simons a bit of a neanderthal and can't read or write..

Comment

Working...
                              X