Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hook issue/advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook issue/advice

I had an issue yesterday where by for the 2nd time in a year I had a carp straighten a Kamazan B911 the fish was around the 6lb mark as I did get to see it before it did the off. I would expect these hooks to hold up or am I asking to much? this was on 6lb mainline and 015 hook length

Firstly is this normal anyone else had this issue?
    Secondly any recommendations on small hooks that have a decent size eye to tie hair knotless with relativity same pattern?

Thanks Kurt

if it's only the second time in a year mate you don't have an issue
    heaven wont have me
    and hells afraid i'll take over

Comment

hair rigged hooks guru mwg, or drennan power hair riggers..... Or qm1's... Use the kamasan 911 x strong I like the gama pellet hooks a similar pattern to the 911 but sharper and maybe stronger....hope that helps Kurt... But everyone is different.

Comment

I already use the QM1 pattern for the majority of my feeder fishing but the size 18 is more like a 14/16 plus there black in colour up against punched bread the fish appear to get wise quickly! I would just like to reduce this as its not something I hear to often ill have a look at the Drennan and wmg thanks Si

Comment

Kurt would i be correct in assuming the 911 you had straigthen was a 14 ?
          Colin

Comment

No it was a size 18

Comment

18? What were you fishing for and what sort of overall weight?
              A 16 911 is the best in the range, a 14 or 18 do open out.

Comment

I was using an 18 as the average stamp of carp are around the 2lb mark and the hookbait was 2 6mm punched pieces of bread I won the match with 20lb 2oz

Comment

I had 6 b911 x-strong straighten out on me last year in one match and went to the matrix hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by kurtis318 View Post
                    I was using an 18 as the average stamp of carp are around the 2lb mark and the hookbait was 2 6mm punched pieces of bread I won the match with 20lb 2oz
                    Use a 16

Comment

Try the preston range or as carp basher says matrix hooks. They tell me in our tackle shop you can find a bad hook in every packet, maybe that was the one. You won the match? good angling mate.

Comment

Thanks Line........ im beginning to think that maybe I would be better off with a slightly larger hook when I think the size of the bait when it has taken on water is 4 to 5 times larger and a slight over sight?

Comment

Guru QM1 hooks will be available ready tied hopefully by this summer.i saw samples at the big one show on saturday and they were spot on.

Comment

Ws it a B911 F1 ? If so they are a fine wire hook.
                            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Should have used a 16 hook. I've never had a b911 straighten on me, i've caught some big barbel on the 18s unintentionally.

Comment

Working...
                              X