Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

ezeefeeda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ezeefeeda

due to having arthritis i find it difficult to loosefeed by hand or with a catapult while holding my pole ( no wisecracks please ) so i have sent off for an ezeefeeda just wondered if anyone on the forum had one and if they find it useful i am hoping i will be able to loose feed over short distances with it as when i try to do it with a catapult the feed ends up round my feet thanks john

hi
    i dont have one but have seen a couple of people use them,they say there ok for shorter distances.

Comment

They 1st popped up in 1980 & were Endorsed by Bob Nudd
      They came with 2 different size Cups & realy were a very good idea for Canals etc
      Not many of us sat around Mud Holes @ that time
      I remember fishing a Winter League on The Grand Union @ Milton Keynes,it seemed everyone down there owned 1
      The constant "pap pap pap " of the cups hitting the stops drove me absolutely mad
      by the end of the day i had caught very little,got absolutely soaked through & had a lousy Head ache
      They are a good idea & will help you feed a lot easier once you master how to use it
      I did use mine quite a lot for a number of years,
      You may find that due to the very thick elastic/Rubber they use on them your bait might spread a little too much !!
      If this is the Case change it for something like Black or Red Hydra
      If you cant get on with it why not try a throwing stick ?,if you can master them they are Awesome
      Colin

Comment

thanks for the replies one of our club members bought a throwing stick last year when our matches start i will compare notes with him and take it from there thanks again john

Comment

The original one endorsed by Bob Nudd was called the Polecat & as Colin mentioned were noisy due to the rubber stop.
          The Ezeefeeda version however is a different design & is much quieter in use.
          To use it is simplicity itself, with very little practice it is very accurate & can keep the feed very tight if you wish.
          It will comfortably feed up to 16m depending on conditions & is truly one handed in operation, making feeding whilst playing a fish a piece of p***. There are various elastics that can be used when the originals are worn out.
          I haven't used mine for years mainly because I can feed using a catty & some "matchanglers" deem them to be for noddies.
          Mainly because they've never tried one & would rather sit uncomfortably & get a bad back , same as some demean the use of spray bars .
          Get one you won't regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkC View Post
            The original one endorsed by Bob Nudd was called the Polecat & as Colin mentioned were noisy due to the rubber stop.
            The Ezeefeeda version however is a different design & is much quieter in use.
            To use it is simplicity itself, with very little practice it is very accurate & can keep the feed very tight if you wish.
            It will comfortably feed up to 16m depending on conditions & is truly one handed in operation, making feeding whilst playing a fish a piece of p***. There are various elastics that can be used when the originals are worn out.
            I haven't used mine for years mainly because I can feed using a catty & some "matchanglers" deem them to be for noddies.
            Mainly because they've never tried one & would rather sit uncomfortably & get a bad back , same as some demean the use of spray bars .
            Get one you won't regret it.
            Good post Mark
            i have to admit i havent realy looked @ the New model,
            The Polecat was a good idea initialy ,the main problems IMO were Bait spread & that awful noise!!
            For someone that struggles with a catty due to Arthritis or other ailments i would assume they could be avery good purchase
            Colin

Comment

I have a mate who is disabled & he made his own throwing stick & for getting feed tight its awesome. He used the casing off an old plastic bike pump, cut the end @ a 45 degree angle & plugged it with a varnished cork. Having it cut like this he can scoop up the particles one handed & throw the bait straight out.
              John

Comment

I have an ezeefeeder as Colin say the constant tap every time you fire is a bit of a torment, a throwing stick is my choice. I make mine from plastic pipe used for overflows in bathrooms.
                I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

And i thought i was 1 of the very few Anglers using throwing sticks
                  i prefer to use them instead of a catapult for all but ,Running water !!
                  Been Using them for 50yrs
                  I have made 1000s over the years
                  Colin

Comment

Yes 1000s I've even put a cycle handlebar grip on in the past, but now just a bit of pipe with a plug.

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                      Yes 1000s I've even put a cycle handlebar grip on in the past, but now just a bit of pipe with a plug.
                      Any tips on length of pipe and what baits can you feed with one

Comment

my ezeefeeda has arrived and i think it will be just the job for me i am 65 this year and i am one of the youngest in our club so if anyone laughs at me there will be some knuckle dished out ( i hope none of them read this ) i didnt know there were so many inventive anglers on the forum so i will now have a go at making a throwing stick can someone come round and use the hacksaw for me thanks again for the replies john

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Tickle View Post
                          Any tips on length of pipe and what baits can you feed with one
                          I have a couple in my bag 10" / 14" long approx 20mm pipe, baits are mostly maggot,casters and hemp but anything goes.

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                            I have a couple in my bag 10" / 14" long approx 20mm pipe, baits are mostly maggot,casters and hemp but anything goes.
                            Do you cut the feed end on an angle?
                            John

Comment

45 degree roughly 1" deep, same as you.

Comment

Working...
                              X