Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

short waggler rod for small sivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short waggler rod for small sivers?

hi guys,
    anybody got any suggestions for a shortish (10/11ft) waggler rod
    for smallish silvers......is there a modernish rod available out there?
    or do i need to be looking at older canal rods? - dont want 13fter.
    had a go with fox fx lite waggler 12fter which is perfect --(if it was
    11ft) and currently the hot favourite.........
    but before i committ thought i d see if there was anything else
    i should be looking at. ............cheers

Drennan used to do an 11ft silver wagg rod that you could use with 12oz hook lengths, don't know if they still do it, might be worth asking around. I had one and it was a cracking rod until some low life nicked it. I reckon it would be spot on for F1s too.

Comment

Drennan now do an 11ft ultralight waggler, pencil thin!

Comment

fishermans friend has some canal rods 11.13 proper silvers rod.....i think they are garbo blanks been made for the shop give them a ring......about £35 if i recall
        In darkness we do what we can
        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

cheers gents - larry, had a look in mags - 11/13 @ £59 sounds like what im after ,gonna give them a bell today -thanks again!!

Comment

well - following advice from larry & fone call to fishermans friend the 11/13ft waggler arrived today..................wouldnt normally buy blind, but it wasnt a huge amount of dosh so worth a punt me thinks.
            first impressions were its probly the sort of rod most people would walk straight past in the shop ( cosmetically )- put it together - not too bad @ both lengths! - put line through it - awesome!! .............think id have a problem snapping 8 oz hook length on the strike! - looking forward to getting it in to active service,
            just what i was after with the added benefit of the dual length option.
            EXCELLENT advice larry ............much appreciated! .............CHEEEEEERS

Comment

Working...
            X