Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Rod Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Change

I've become a pensioner and I am starting to realise that my bits are not working like they used to. Mainly, but not only, my eyes. I don't use a pole and at the moment for my silver fishing I'm using a Titan 2000. Now, I love this rod but it is getting harder and harder to thread the line through the rings and tackle up.I've just re-read that and it makes me sound a white stick merchant and it's nowhere near that bad, just not anywhere near what they used to be. I was thinking about getting a rod that can be made up at home and transported in a bag. assuming I can sell the Normark for £100 or so, what should I replace it with?

Drennen match pro ultralight 11ft may be a good bet....
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Good idea but i'm looking to stay at 13ft.

Comment

You could get a "ready rod " sleeve so you dont have to thread your line everytime

Comment

Fasten a large sewing needle to your reel line at home to aid threading your favourite rod, or better still buy a line threader "sold by Ultra Floats".
          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

I struggle a bit with certain close up tasks,like tying hooks etc,I simply went to poundland and bought half a dozen pairs of reading glasses,they have plenty of strength options.
            I keep a pair in each of my tackle bags and a pair in the car for reading small print and padlock codes etc.
            They get minimal use but are worth thier wieght in gold,and if you lose or damage a pair it"s not the end of the world.
            Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Originally posted by fisherbill View Post
              Good idea but i'm looking to stay at 13ft.
              They do a 13ft version of the drennan im9 classic,which consists of 2 6ft sections and a 1ft dolly butt so you can make it up at home and carry it in a ready rod bag. A very nice rod too

Drennan International
              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Bill, Im just like you retired & 67. Right whatever you do dont sell your Normark Titan 2000 as its still the best float rod EVER made but if you do I will give you the 100 quid no problem.

Get yourself a ready sleeve make the rod up at home & then fold it top to tail with rod bands so the thinner end of the middle section is next to the black rubber butt cap & therefore the tip section is the other end. I also use a sleeve protector to protect that very important & fragile tip section. When you get to the bank put your glasses on as you unfold the sections lol.

The Normarks work well doing this as the butt section has 2 rings so the line doesnt tangle as much as say a Acolyte that only has 1 ring on the butt section.

I used my Titan 2000 today in a ready rod bag & once your used to it no problem mate
                John

Comment

Working...
                X