Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Float bristle colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float bristle colour

I've always preferred red/orange colour bristles except on bright days when you need a black one, but lately for some reason I've found it much easier to see yellow ones, and I've seen quite a few anglers using bright greenish coloured bristles which you can spot a mile off even when theyre dotted right down.

So now I'm thinking of changing the colour of the bristles on a load of my floats! Is there a specific paint people can recommend to do this? What colour do you guys prefer and why? Cheers
    Steve

i use any colour...doesnt matter cant see the burger
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Senses do a yellow paint but i don't like it to messy. When i buy yellow tip floats they are the only ones i don't alter as i seem to always have less of them.

Comment

colour is venue and conditions dependent,ive normally got a couple of black marker pens in me box,if not I nick one of Simons...
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot View Post
          i use any colour...doesnt matter cant see the burger
          With yer crayons Pete?

im watching you abbo
          Last edited by Larry Teepot; 5 March 2014, 05:14 PM.
          HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

seriously though....
            i have started to use coloured silicon to change my float colours..its a bout £1.75 for strips similar to pole float silican....and my other option is tuff eyes....you can change tips in those
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot View Post
              seriously though....
              i have started to use coloured silicon to change my float colours..its a bout £1.75 for strips similar to pole float silican....and my other option is tuff eyes....you can change tips in those
              A cockney called me a silicant at the football the other day,i wondered what it was!! Think i had one of those Tuffeye steaks at the pub by us last week!
              Grow that beard back pete you scare me without it! lol

Comment

Red/orange for bright conditions, black for open water and yellow/green is good in poor light or trees/vegetation are in the background or reflecting off the water.
                Get your hand in ya pocket abbo and buy some of me floats

Comment

Originally posted by diddly-squatt View Post
                  Red/orange for bright conditions, black for open water and yellow/green is good in poor light or trees/vegetation are in the background or reflecting off the water.
                  Get your hand in ya pocket abbo and buy some of me floats
                  Can you do me some with camouflage tips Nige,to stop the fish seeing em! cheers
                  Are you sorted for the kick off Nige?

Comment

I dow need camouflage tips for mine mate the fish cor see see mine any road the way I'm fishing at the mo
                    Almost done just got to tie a couple more rigs.
                    Yow ready

Comment

Originally posted by diddly-squatt View Post
                      I dow need camouflage tips for mine mate the fish cor see see mine any road the way I'm fishing at the mo
                      Almost done just got to tie a couple more rigs.
                      Yow ready
                      Ay even seen mi stuff since october bud! when is our first un?

Comment

Originally posted by spickup79 View Post
                        I've always preferred red/orange colour bristles except on bright days when you need a black one, but lately for some reason I've found it much easier to see yellow ones, and I've seen quite a few anglers using bright greenish coloured bristles which you can spot a mile off even when theyre dotted right down.

So now I'm thinking of changing the colour of the bristles on a load of my floats! Is there a specific paint people can recommend to do this? What colour do you guys prefer and why? Cheers
                        Hi Steve

I tend to use yellow down the edge and against green vegetation, red/orange open water but on bright days its either black or yellow. The reason these floats stand out is due to light transfer through the float stem and up to date materials use. The yellow stem tip stands out very well. If the go back years the yellow tipped floats were quite poor for seeing, as they solid plastic tips. However my float maker ( Dave Spooner of mmfloats) does not put the float stem right through the tip, allowing light transfer, as many other floats makers have the same principle in float making i would imagine.

Look for fluorescent paint, you can buy it from B &Q. However a hollow is far better in my opinion.

Regards Steve
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

Working...
                        X