Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Seatbox???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seatbox???

Anyone seen the match station 3D seatbox from koala products?

Wondering if anyone has any views and opinions on the box?? Do you think this could be worth the money or fall too bits?? Lol

MATCH STATION 3D MODBOX COMPETITION SEAT BOX - KOALA PRODUCTS FISHING TACKLE

Just looks like a rive with square legs tbh, i'd try it before you buy it though.

Comment

Can't get that link to work

Comment

Just tap it into google rjays.

Comment

As Fordysufc says looks like a Rive...but dont look too strong to me...would need to bounce on it a few times

Comment

Cheers guys

Comment

Don't see why you would say it looks weak rjays, it's probably made with the same metal tubing as most other boxes.

Comment

I just don't see it handling 15 and half stone of rjays backside ....At £175 thats peanuts for a decent box these days...and 11kg is lighter than my carryall!!...buy cheap...buy twice...major costcutting carried out somewhere don't you think....maybe ok for a child though

Comment

Just because it's cheap it doesn't mean it's crap, I imagine the profits on each box are just a lot lower than the profits larger companies command. I wouldn't say for what a seatbox is £175 is a good price, at the end of the day a seatbox is just plastic and alloy. I would say it's more accurate to say boxes are generally massively overpriced rather than saying this particular box is overly cheap. A good example of how overpriced boxes are, preston imitations are selling the absolute compact frame (4 legs and a base, no footplate or actual frame) for £200, it probably costs preston less than £50 to produce the product. Buying a seatbox from a well known tackle company is daylight robbery at it's worst.

Comment

9 times out of 10 cheap does mean crap...give me one item thats cheap and quality...but then that depends on how you define quality...regarding "mark up" thats another debate altogether...The only time "cheap" works is if you have the canal at the bottom of your garden and you go out for an hour..you dont need a Daiwa Air for that, a £50 banana pole will suffice...However if you fish to "open" standard you need something you can hold for 5hrs and sit on something which wont give you piles after a few hours and sadly that luxury comes at a price.

Comment

I understand your argument that cheap means crap when talking about rods, poles and reels etc but seatboxes are pretty much all the same. Take the preston space station 2 for example, they sold it for £400 but avanti sold exactly the same box, built in the same factory for £200. Just goes to show, anglers get turned over by big companies when it comes to things like seatboxes, it's the same with seatbox accessories. Remember about a year ago when ultimate released preston accessories that were painted blue and sold them for less than half the price of prestons version? There is nothing special or difficult about making seatboxes like there is with carbon products or reels, the recipe is basically the same for every box.

Comment

Tbh id pick a rive over this box anyway, just can't afford it, I do think there will have been some cost cutting somewhere in the production but at the end of the day if you can sit on it and be comfortable for 5 hours, that's good enough for me! But then will it last? My dad has had his milo tardis for a good 8 years, maybe more and it's still in exactly the same condition from when he bought it, could you say this box would be like new in 10 year? I'm not convinced, like was said, buy cheap but twice.

Comment

Don't think you can get better than Milo for a seat box....best by a country mile...the M1100 (millie 100) was the best box ever made and more comfy than my sofa...weighed about three hundredweight though...get them on a well known auction site for 180-250 quid...and good for another 20yrs...but you need to park behind your peg! or take a weightlifter with you.

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
                            Don't think you can get better than Milo for a seat box....best by a country mile...the M1100 (millie 100) was the best box ever made and more comfy than my sofa...weighed about three hundredweight though...get them on a well known auction site for 180-250 quid...and good for another 20yrs...but you need to park behind your peg! or take a weightlifter with you.
                            Couldn't agree more! Have a look for a second hand milo on the bay. Had mine at least 10 years and it's still going strong.
                            Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
                              Couldn't agree more! Have a look for a second hand milo on the bay. Had mine at least 10 years and it's still going strong.
                              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                              X