Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Rods / Reels - Buying Advice needed to a Pole Fisherman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rods / Reels - Buying Advice needed to a Pole Fisherman

Hello All.

I need a little advice on the Rod / Reel selection, types etc. Treat me as a complete novice on this. I was bought up on the pole and used it all my fishing life. I've decided to treat myself some rod / reel setups. I used a pellet wagler rod and small shimano reel I received last year (a raffle prize), enjoyed it and with a bit of advice and a lucky peg I won a match....

I watched the new matrix underwater DVD I would like to have a go at this type of fishing. Obviously Les Thompson used all the matrix gear, carpmaster 10ft rod, matrix reel.

Why there are different rod lengths, reel types etc, I just have no clue what rod / reels to buy, what to look for etc, a complete rod / reel novice.

I would like to use a rod / reel in my matches, mostly fished on commercials for fish average of 5-7lbs but can cope with a larger lump of 12-14lb if needed. Do I need different rods / reels for feeder and wagler / float fishing? Types of line needed?

I would also like to a rod / reel, seperate purchase probably to target the larger carp for pleasure fishing, carp around 25-30lb maybe larger. Types of line needed? Floating bread / surface fishing.

I know a lot of fishing gear choices are restricted by budget, I don't want cheap stuff that is useless, nor very expensive, so something in the middle.

I am asking the forum for help on this, as fellow fishing club members don't seem to be bothered helping me out.

Thanks in advance to all advice given....
Working...
X