Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Matrix Superbox 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrix Superbox 1

Does anyone have one of these and what do you think of it? Honest reviews please! Thinking of getting one later in the year to replace my Preston XS which I've had no end of trouble with. Do Preston Off Box attachments fit the Matrix box with the green inserts? Cheers guys.
    Steve

I've got the Superbox frame with the units from my old Fox MSB clipped on which is the same. They are firm to sit on and are robust so don't break easily like some other seat boxes. As the trays and draws are the same as the old Fox MSB they are well proven. I've got 3 winder draws in addition to the deep and shallow tackle draws I need this much storage space to carry the range of rigs I use so you may find you have to buy additional trays or draws. The only fault/problem I find is that the slidding footplate is really stiff. I have to tilt the box backwards to grip the footplate with both hands to pull it out and do the reverse to push it back in when I'm packing away. All in all it's a good box and if you compare it with similar ones it's good value.

Comment

I bought the Superbox as I have a msb euro and like the flexibility of the box and the durability as I had my msb for x5 years the only problem was a snapped leg block phoned fox/matrix sorted free of charge delivered that is brilliant after service and installs confidence in the brand. Anyway I'm 6ft it took x3 winder drawers, deep drawer then seat unit to bring it to were I wanted it. This was fine as I have x6 winder drawers that I got over time with my msb so bear this in mind! The footplate is fine for me I just keep,it clean take it off every couple of months and clear the runners and footplate then just spray some dry ptfe fluid I do this as a precaution it prob don't need it but I'm proper gay with my tackle lol overall it's solid doesn't slip has a nice large foot print I'm very happy with mine but I still use my msb if on canals or rivers as it's a lot lighter. Fully loaded it weighs a ton but I don't think it matters what box u have it will be the same the amount of crap we take hope this helps. ducci
      " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Comment

Cheers fellas - really helpful info. I'm aware I might need to buy extra trays to get it to the right height but I don't mind that as long as its solid. My Preston box is really poorly put together in certain areas IMO. Has anyone had any trouble with the knobs that you use to tighten the legs breaking on the Matrix? I was chatting to a fella who fished the match I fished a couple of weeks ago - he had a Superbox and said there were some teething problems when they first came out but I never got chance to ask him what the problems were. Anyone know? Thanks again guys
        Steve

Comment

My mate had one and the only downside is it weighs a ton.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Hi Steve.

Have a look at the octbox, you wont have to buy any trays with that to make it higher.

Have a look at the vids of them.

All the best steve.

Comment

I looked at the oct box and great but I didn't rate the welding it was untidy and had start/stop points at the top of the welds some were not penetrated properly as Ali is a soft material it WILL snap off at the stress points ie footplate ends and side points on box and this was at Evesham show. I do know what I'm talking about as I'm a welder across all disciplines and all my work is x-Ray and dye pen tested I make fuel lines for rollsroyce so it put me off but like I said before it weighs a bloody ton loaded up and like I said as well after service from fox/matrix was brill!
              I have no ties to fox/matrix lol

Comment

Yes bud I had one break on my euro MSB in 5 years but was replaced free of charge was an easy fix

Comment

had the superbox and it was a good box but as said in previous post the footplate was a pain, i didnt think it was that heavy tho, i also thought the footprint was to big as it took up to much room in the car, overal tho a good strong box.

Comment

Good box, I have one and have had rive open and siwi in last year . Drawers work well and legs solid enough though not as stable as a rive d36 but I have a platform if going in the water.
                    Extra trays much cheaper than on the rive
                    Also it's not too high and I can sit sideways to my right when fishing margins and have my feet on the ground unlike the last two boxes I had

Comment

Sat on one at fosters saturday just gone. They didnt have it all setup, but I unclipped a seat from the new matrix box to try it out. Add / remove the modules to get the height no problem. Seemed the better box out of the bunch I looked at. Matrix have a trolley specific for that box as well. The new matrix boxes with the fold down foot plate..... well the box is fine, the foot plate is bad.....

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll hopefully have a close look at them later in the year when I can afford one.
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Splash View Post
                          The new matrix boxes with the fold down foot plate..... well the box is fine, the foot plate is bad.....
                          Yeah I saw one of those boxes in a local tackle shop a couple of months ago, agree about the footplate, surprises me that Matrix have gone with that design as it seems almost a backward step.
                          Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X