Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

hi,i know you've had all these questions before,but my head spinning thinking about it....so hear goes.
    in a few months time im hopeing to but a 16m pole...strong and light....was going to get the tricast pro 2 pole.........but ive been told its still got a bounce on the top kit when shipping out.............so had a look at the daiwa tournament po..x....but some say that the sections start and pull out of each other when shipping out/in because the joints rattle over rollers they come lose.
    are there decent poles out there which you can ship out..not come lose,bounce....looking to spend £2500.
    all help app

i assume that these stories are true

Comment

There is no such thing as the perfect pole, what you have to do is choose a pole that suits your style of fishing. Obviously different style poles will have certain advantages and disadvantages. A very strong pole will be a bit heavier, a very stiff pole will be more fragile. The tricast is very strong, the joints are durable, the pole is stiff but not as stiff as some other poles, on balance the tricast is one of the best commercial pole on the market. When buying a pole you basically need to do a cost benefit analysis of what is important to you, for me the most important thing is strength because of the venues I fish, everything else is secondary. Also I would recommend looking at the second hand market for a better deal.

Comment

i use a pro 2 in ireland on allsorts of shores no probs yet.but as the above reply says if your fishing is nice, manicured commercials were it wont get to many knocks your options are wider.shop around for best deal saving a few pound helped me make a choice.

Comment

Ideally the best solution is to try before you buy, but quite often that situation doesn't arise because we don't have enough friends with the range of latest poles to have a go with. Hence so many ask for advice on forums like this, then go with this advice, magazine write ups and gut instinct once you've tried a few at various shows or shops. But is this good enough when spending over 2 grand which the majority of us struggle to find or justify. I've yet to hear any person return a pole within 31 days because you didn't like it , or to come to think of it a shop that offered this option at point of sale?.

IMHO the first venue owner that affords a proper tackle shop on site where you can demo top of the range poles before you buy could be onto a winner. Lets say you pay £50 to book a session and trial 3 poles, then if you buy from this venue within a given time (7 days) you get your session money subtracted from the cost of the pole. The owner needs to charge a reasonable price to trial the poles because I suspect this scenario will attract time wasters and also those who having chosen their pole go else where for a bigger discount.

Whats your thoughts - could something like this really work, is there enough mark up on poles? Is anyone out already offering a similar service?.

Comment

hi,im going to fosters of Birmingham nearer the time once ive got the money...........to try a maver m/this 6 sx pole.......tricast pro 2 pole......daiwa tournament pro x.....maver 66 pole..............as ive not tried any of these before.................your views on these poles please.

Comment

The mavers can be a bit fragile and the service is sub-standard. Better off going for a tricast, daiwa or garbolino.

Comment

The maver match this 6sx,and maver elite 66 are not in mavers current range of poles anymore.

Comment

forgot to say I will be fishing for carp in the range from f1s to 12lb

Comment

any recommendations to look/try in the garbolino poles?

Comment

Originally posted by pete from towcester View Post
                      hi,im going to fosters of Birmingham nearer the time once ive got the money...........to try a maver m/this 6 sx pole.......tricast pro 2 pole......daiwa tournament pro x.....maver 66 pole..............as ive not tried any of these before.................your views on these poles please.
                      I did exactly the same and in the end purchased a T.P X. 18 months on I still love this pole. Especially as a new No 4 section was ordered and arrived in Fosters within several days.

But like I said in my earlier post - a waggle and a comparison in the shop isn't really testing any pole to its full potential. You will end up going with your gut instinct, luckily this is often good enough to make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by pete from towcester View Post
                        any recommendations to look/try in the garbolino poles?
                        Gmax super legion. New offering from them and a stunning pole. I'm upgrading next year and I'm getting one.
                        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Garbo super legion is a stunning pole and a proper munter hunter which you will get for the price you are willing to pay....

Comment

Working...
                          X