Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pole advice pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole advice pls

Hi everyone,

I've been match fishing for about a year now and have started fishing bigger 50-70 peg matches and my old pole is not up to the job anymore (hence it's for sale on here), I've got a £1300 budget (max) I'm not a fan of buying 2nd's and would like to stick with either Preston's or Daiwa but as to which model in that price range I'm lost, so any feedback from pole owners in that price range/brand would be greatly appreciated.

Seb

You would be bang in the money for a g20 if you want new nothing else in that price bracket comes close to the g20 you can fish it long all day ! And you would struggle with most other poles or IMO you would be better buying a flagship second hand as you will get a much better pole for your money I have bought lots of poles new pal and to be honest I wouldn't again you can get some good deals now Adays on good used tackle I bought my m1 with no repairs loads of spares for 1350 and I have to say it's the best pole I've had and I had both airity's,elite 88,tournament some good lads on here to buy from it is nice to get a new pole but with the cash you loose it's scandalas have a good shop around fist pal

Comment

Just seen your from Burnley pal like me haha if you want to have a go with my m1 then by all means you can do so pal

Comment

The Daiwa G20 is a good solid all round pole, up to 13m its very comfortable, at 14.5m you need to use the short No4 and at 16m it ain't comfortable, so if your fishing a max of 13m most of the time and 14.5m now and then your be fine.

Comment

if I was you go for daiwa m8 .
          Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
          Hi everyone,

I've been match fishing for about a year now and have started fishing bigger 50-70 peg matches and my old pole is not up to the job anymore (hence it's for sale on here), I've got a £1300 budget (max) I'm not a fan of buying 2nd's and would like to stick with either Preston's or Daiwa but as to which model in that price range I'm lost, so any feedback from pole owners in that price range/brand would be greatly appreciated.

Seb

Comment

I'll second the g20 recommendation. I've had one since January after chopping in my elite 88. I can't fault it for the money. Solid pole. Although looking back now I may have looked a bit harder for a 2nd hand pro x. There better at longer lengths. Although the g20 is superb!

Comment

if going for 2nd hand look for daiwa whisker or pro x two good poles.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                Just seen your from Burnley pal like me haha if you want to have a go with my m1 then by all means you can do so pal
                Cheers pal but the M1 is out of my price range even 2nd hand, yes I'm from Burnley and think I've fished against you on a silvers match at Lowerhouse, small world lol.

Originally posted by spark1 View Post
                The Daiwa G20 is a good solid all round pole, up to 13m its very comfortable, at 14.5m you need to use the short No4 and at 16m it ain't comfortable, so if your fishing a max of 13m most of the time and 14.5m now and then your be fine.
                Most is within 14.5m with the odd exception but I'd still want a pole that is comfortable long/16m.

Has anyone used the Preston's GXR 3600 ?

Comment

Cheers pal but the M1 is out of my price range even 2nd hand, yes I'm from Burnley and think I've fished against you on a silvers match at Lowerhouse, small world lol.

Most is within 14.5m with the odd exception but I'd still want a pole that is comfortable long/16m.

Has anyone used the Preston's GXR 3600 ?
                  keep way for preston poles m8. preston spares are expensive just paid for preston absolute gis10. number 6 £385.00

Comment

Originally posted by dunk View Post
                    keep way for preston poles m8. preston spares are expensive just paid for preston absolute gis10. number 6 £385.00
                    Yes mate I'm aware of the £££ with Preston's, I've a mate who's broken a lot of Preston section but Daiwa's not too cheap either mate.

Comment

Yes mate I'm aware of the £££ with Preston's, I've a mate who's broken a lot of Preston section but Daiwa's not too cheap either mate.
                      yes but you can get spares easy.

Comment

The maver carp elite is a gd all round pole mate and not as expensive, ul pick one up for around £600 now

Comment

You can always get cheap spares for daiwa poles they come up in here all the time! You may be best going over to ted Carters and speak to phill he will put you right pal and they will do a price match with anyone they have plenty of poles to have a try with ! But if your fishing partridge like I think you are ha you only need a 7m pole haha only kidding pal
                          But the best thing you can do in all honesty is go and have a feel because what may be nice for you may not be for others it's all down to personal preference at end if the day don't be put of by secondhand thoe pal

Comment

Originally posted by GRAYMUFC View Post
                            The maver carp elite is a gd all round pole mate and not as expensive, ul pick one up for around £600 now
                            I've come to the same thinking as Morris mate, having owned a few Maver poles now I'd like to stay clear of them.

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                            You can always get cheap spares for daiwa poles they come up in here all the time! You may be best going over to ted Carters and speak to phill he will put you right pal and they will do a price match with anyone they have plenty of poles to have a try with ! But if your fishing partridge like I think you are ha you only need a 7m pole haha only kidding pal
                            But the best thing you can do in all honesty is go and have a feel because what may be nice for you may not be for others it's all down to personal preference at end if the day don't be put of by secondhand thoe pal

I was at Ted's the other day having a waggle and I'm super impressed with the Preston's and Daiwa models in my price range, a lot of people have said the G20 is what I'm looking for but I'm put off with the spares package you get with it, I do a lot of silver matches in the winter and need a spare top 4 which the G20 package doesn't have only long and short 4's, I've also been told the cupping kit once cut down to fit isn't the same length as any of the top kits be it match 3's or power top 2's but I'm very impressed by the spares package that comes with the GXR 3600 but can't seem to find anyone that owns one for feedback and yes mate I've started fishing Partridge, Blundells and Bradshaws and would love it if I could catch a framing weight that short every week lol

Comment

Haha yeah I fished blundells couple of year ago and couldn't get on with the place , partridge is dominated by a few regular lads and I am doing the 3 day festival at bradshaws on the bank holiday weekend are you doing that one pal?
                              And back to the pole I understand what you mean about the g20 package is aimed more at the general commercial angler and you need them extra 4s for on lower house and bradshaws ! If your heart is set on the preston then go for that if it suites your needs and you can fish 16m all day on the g20 I've done it with no problem! I think they did an article on the the new gxr in pole fishing magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X