Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Vespe elastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vespe elastic

Having had to re- elasticate my pole a month back I decided to give Vespe elastic a try as supplied by Steve on here.
    I bought the yellow, orange and pink and as posted on here first impressions where very good. I have now had it stretched by a few swimmy things and can report that IMO it is equal if not better than any elastic I have tried in the past.
    The stretch is superb and the finish makes it stream out of the pole effortlessly, it also retracts beautifully and I have only had to make Minor adjustments after 3-4 trips and have caught a fair number of carp and silvers on it. There has been no issues with wear or cutting in around the Dacron connector and I have bumped very few fish using this stuff including small skimmers, ide and roach.
    The stretch factor even when stripped using a puller remains superb a few decent carp have made a lunge for freedom at the net and the elastic has coped superbly,cushioning the dives for freedom with ease.
    All in all and only my opinion is that this is a great product at a great price.
    I have no affiliation with Steve or vespe ( wish I was good enough to be sponsored ) and paid the going price for the products and will do again when I need more lacky.

Thanks for reading.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

How much is it per packet Spadge?
    Steve

Comment

the yellow is without doubt superb for f1 waters,Steve drop CARPY STEVE a pm,they do 6mtr lenghs as well...
      OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

£17.75 for a 6 mtr length, can get 2 top kits out of it mate. Possibly 3 if you have short top kits, I got 2 because Garbo kits are very long but still worth the money mate.
        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
          £17.75 for a 6 mtr length, can get 2 top kits out of it mate. Possibly 3 if you have short top kits, I got 2 because Garbo kits are very long but still worth the money mate.
          Dave

Thank you for your report

Regards Steve
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

Disagree I'm afraid. I tried the yellow stuff last season, hooked a big carp on it at Moorlands, it bottomed out - not usually a problem with other laccies, but it came back flattened, like the inner hole was sticky, and hence unusable. I'll stick with hydro and the preston stuff i think.
            Real men fish rivers

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
              Cheers.
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Care View Post
                Disagree I'm afraid. I tried the yellow stuff last season, hooked a big carp on it at Moorlands, it bottomed out - not usually a problem with other laccies, but it came back flattened, like the inner hole was sticky, and hence unusable. I'll stick with hydro and the preston stuff i think.
                johnny Care

The yellow Vespe is not for lump fishing, Its ideal for skimmers/F1's and small carp in winter. you should have used the Vespe Green or Red. With any grade of elastic you match it to the size of fish and venue you are fishing.

I had carp to 9LB in the winter on 1.5mm hollow and puller kit, while fishing for roach and skimmers.

Regards Steve

Comment

Originally posted by carpysteve View Post
                  johnny Care

The yellow Vespe is not for lump fishing, Its ideal for skimmers/F1's and small carp in winter. you should have used the Vespe Green or Red. With any grade of elastic you match it to the size of fish and venue you are fishing.

I had carp to 9LB in the winter on 1.5mm hollow and puller kit, while fishing for roach and skimmers.

Regards Steve
                  I'm fully aware of what the elastic is for.....but any elastic, especially one you've paid 10 quid for, should be able to cope with the odd lump whilst fishing for smaller fish, as i was. My elastic failed on the very first use, on an F1 venue, so I wont be using it again. I've never had problems with 11h or white hydro with pullers in similar circumstances, on which, incidentally, I've carp to 15lb on!
                  Real men fish rivers

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Care View Post
                    I'm fully aware of what the elastic is for.....but any elastic, especially one you've paid 10 quid for, should be able to cope with the odd lump whilst fishing for smaller fish, as i was. My elastic failed on the very first use, on an F1 venue, so I wont be using it again. I've never had problems with 11h or white hydro with pullers in similar circumstances, on which, incidentally, I've carp to 15lb on!
                    John

I sorry to hear that you don't have any faith in Vespe elastics

When did this happen ? was it recently ? I could speak to Vespe on your behalf to see if they will honor a replacement.

PM me please.

Regards Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X