Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

method feeders/moulds

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• method feeders/moulds

Question posed by one of my g/sons mates "What feeders and moulds are best to use to avoid pellets sticking in the mould " your views please lads !!!
    MR. BLUE SKY

Hi,I use the drennan feeders and mould,but a lot of people use the guru mould,with the drennan feeders,not used the guru feeders, but they look ok.

Comment

Preston ones ok not had any issues as long as pellets are done right all the moulds will do the job

Comment

Drennan for me, if pellets or groundbait stick the mix is not quite right. If bait sticks it's perhaps too wet.
        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Hi.
          Drennan feeders and guru mould, find the drennan one a bit fiddly.

All the best steve.

Comment

Kobra feeders and mould for me steve.

Regards Steve
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

Originally posted by pudsli View Post
              Hi.
              Drennan feeders and guru mould, find the drennan one a bit fiddly.

All the best steve.
              Not used the Guru moulds, I have no trouble with the Drennan mould they are very good.

Comment

Drennan feeders with guru moulds for me too.

Comment

I understand that folk find their own way of working, but why not use guru feeders with the moulds.

Comment

Because the guru feeders are nowhere near as good as the drennan ones.

Comment

i used to laugh at people who used method moulds but i have had some preston ones given to me i use them all the time now but with avanti feeders with the amount of feeders i lose i have to keep the cost down the avanti feeders are good the avanti moulds are crap i will go and eat some more humble pie now

Comment

I use both the Drennan and Guru feeders and moulds and they all work very well with no problems sticking.it is the preparation of the groundbait and pellets that is important.but if you get sticking in any mould the best trick is to take and oily pellet such as the Sonubaits S pellets and rub it inside the mould,as the oil stops the mix sticking but washes of when it hits the water,so there is no change in your bait texture or flavour.

Comment

Originally posted by Goff View Post
                          Question posed by one of my g/sons mates "What feeders and moulds are best to use to avoid pellets sticking in the mould " your views please lads !!!
                          Thanks lads, i had told him my option which is Drennan fdr,s/moulds, and i keep my moulds in a tub of water with a good squirt of scopex on the day which seems to be inline with most of your views,but of course now the g/son and his mate have read this post it,s a trip to fosters as i now have no feeders, moulds or bottles of scopex in me kit !!!
                          MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

Originally posted by fordysufc View Post
                            Because the guru feeders are nowhere near as good as the drennan ones.
                            You've misunderstood me fordy, I was wondering why Guru moulds and not Drennan.

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                              You've misunderstood me fordy, I was wondering why Guru moulds and not Drennan.
                              Oh, sorry mate. The guru ones are a bit more user friendly because of their shape, just makes it a bit easier and slightly quicker as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X