Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

20 ft rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 ft rods

anyone got any advice on a 20ft rod, thinking of getting one but have no idea who makes them

Not sure if many firms are making 20footers any more, but i dont think you'll have a problem getting one second hand, Tri-cast, Map, Shakspeare, Milo & also Dam made them ,some came at 18/20 , with a 2ft extention piece , ive had a shakie 18/20 & a milo 20ft both good rods, a mate had a dam which was lighter than both of mine (going back a few years!!!) if i was to recomend one rod for commercials from my own experience,it would be the shakie annex excel using it at 18ft! try a advert in the wanted section, must be something suitable gathering dust that someone will part with!

Comment

Maver do one so do daiwa I use the maver on the rivers with the bolo. I find it a very good rod reasonable price.

Comment

maven

Comment

Daiwa done a few rods in mid o late 90's. 17-20 combi rods. I use - a connoisseur z 17-20. Usual daiwa quality, and go for average of £120. They done a euro match tdsm range, some go fo £60 ish. Worth a search on the bay.
          Lee Davison, Period Furniture Restoration, Carpentry. In Norfolk.

Comment

the last one i had i put my HEDNESFORD TOWN FOOTBALL FLAG ON IN MY BACK GARDEN IT HAD A GOOD ACTION IN THE WIND

Comment

Better off with a Bolo,store rig on a winder.Longer rods don't tend to be as balanced.Italian makes are top notch,Tubertini,Milo Colmic,Id say new Preston one could be good,never seen one though

Comment

Bolo rods are fine till it rains then they are next to useless IMHO !
                The Shakespeare Annex ,Dam quick stick 2000 and the Map harrell 18/20 are all based on the same blank . I know this as i own all of them. The Dam 2000 is the better of the three regarding finish and looks etc but they all perform brilliantlly at the shorter lenghth. I have also adapted my Harrells to be fished at 16ft which are a joy to use. The main problem i find with long rods is a slight kick when using four sections of rod. Three piece rods such as my 17ft Garbo's eliminate this completley, however i have found that Daiwa or tricast rods at 17/18ft with a short dolly butt work fine.

Comment

Working...
                X