Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Quick change feeders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick change feeders.

Hi lads, besides the Guru feeders which other companies make feeders that can be quick changed? Looking on ebay I think Preston have a new range that are not quick change but could be used as so i think?
    Last edited by CRG147; 22 April 2014, 09:55 AM.

The matrix 1s are half decent I've gone from the preston to them

Comment

Will take a look thanks.

Comment

What i am looking for is a make other than Guru where i can change my ready made feeders with either the same design as Guru with a loop or with a snap link swivel if possible?

Comment

Surely all method type feeders can be quick change with the right connectors.
          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Take it you mean free running feeders as opposed to fixed ones Clive? Elasticated or not?

Think Guru are the only company who make an elasticated 'safe' feeder.

Drennan method feeders come with a 'double' quick change connector so you can easily connect it to a loop in the mainline/remove it again quickly, then connect hooklength to the other side of it, but to change the feeder you'd have to pull the line out of the feeder then thread it down the centre of the next feeder before reconnecting the hooklength - too much faffing around IMO.

Matrix ones might be the best bet.
            Steve

Comment

A threader works fine stops all faffing.

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                A threader works fine stops all faffing.
                Would you say its quicker doing that than just reloading the same feeder and recasting?
                Steve

Comment

No I wouldn't. I think loading the feeder takes seconds but that wasn't the question. I still don't know why anyone would want to change feeders instead of just reloading.

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                    No I wouldn't. I think loading the feeder takes seconds but that wasn't the question. I still don't know why anyone would want to change feeders instead of just reloading.
                    I agree, but with fixed elasticated feeders it's a lot quicker when all you have to do is unclip one feeder from a link swivel and clip a new one on ready loaded with bait. I never use fixed feeders though.
                    Steve

Comment

Trust me that it is so much quicker just changing the loaded feeder with the Bait already attached than it is to not.

Comment

Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
                        Trust me that it is so much quicker just changing the loaded feeder with the Bait already attached than it is to not.
                        I think the only way you could do it with free-running feeders, apart from using the Guru X-safe feeders, is to re-thread the line through the new feeder and reconnect the quick change connector each time. To me, that would take just as long as just reloading the feeder that's already on the line. Just realised it wouldnt work with the Matrix ones as the hooklength needs to be passed through the hole in the top of the feeder before its loaded with bait.
                        Steve

Comment

The matrix feeders are not very good as the design is too shallow to hold either groundbait or pellets properly while casting out.
                          stick with either Guru,or Drennan

Comment

The new Preston elasticatd feeders are just perfect for quick change as I've just been told. A snap link swivel on the end of my main line and I'm away.... didn't really want elasticated but needs must. The problem I have with the Guru feeders is they are to heavy at 28g plus bait. 15g is perfect including bait. Spoke to Adam Rooney about this and he says it's something they are looking into.
                            Why I want quick change is when using bread disks you obviously have to re bait after every cast and it takes time.

Comment

Having gone through my box of feeders i have Deffo got far to many so will have to put them up for sale on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X