Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Preston Roller Bushes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston Roller Bushes?

Hi all,

I went to buy some of these today and only when I saw them did I realise the size of them!

I like the idea but surely a 10mm hole in a top kit is going to be a weak point?

I have Browning slk puller kits which are new and this will clearly invalidate the warranty.

Does anyone know of any horror stories, or indeed use them successfully?

Cheers,

PoDd

These have been discussed in a few threads recently mate - I think one was the thread about the new Vespe side puller bushes.

The size of them is putting a lot if people off - I wouldn't fancy drilling a hole that size in a top kit, and a lot of people are concerned the roller wheel could trap the elastic and damage it or that the wheel could seize up if clogged up with dirt. BUT I have read reports from people who have fitted them saying they work well. - haven't come across any horror stories....yet!
    Steve

Comment

I've never used a side puller because of the pressure that's applied to the side of a weakened pole when you have a fish on, it just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. The bigger the hole gets the weaker the kit gets, the only thing i've seen that looks like a good idea is the vespe side puller sleeve which spreads the pressure of the elastic around the circumference of the kit.

Comment

using the vespe side pulla there the bees knees.i put a prestons on one of my top kits and first day out the roller jammed so I wouldn't recommend them.all my mates are now using the vespe,and a only a 6mm hole is needed.

Comment

Working...
        X