Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

11ft Feeder rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11ft Feeder rod

I wanted your thoughts on what feeder rods are better in the lower end of the market. I have 12fts and 9,10 but I wanted a rod for method feeder at Boddington. I am torn between the drennan red 11ft drennan red Method 11ft and I am hearing fair reports on the new Shimano force master range. I have considered upping to possible a drennan series 7. Thoughts please??

Sounds as if you have made your mind up, a drennan 11', have a look at new Colmic 11' pro feed fantastic piece of gear, glass tips and only £54. Good luck on your search.
    Member of winning 2015 Midland Team.
    [url]www.mffloatsjustmargin.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Drennan 11ft.

Comment

I sort have made up my mind Elvis, but I am open to other ideas. I didn't even know colmic made rods as I have never seen them in any of the shops i use. I had a waggle with a Garbolino today but it was a bit thick and didnt feel as good as the drennan rods. Keep the ideas coming chaps as I wont need it for a few more weeks yet.

Comment

Better quality 2nd hand would be the answer imho
          John

Comment

If you're set on a low end rod the Maver Abyss is OK, I bought one as a spare but use it more than my Drennan. Around £40 it's plenty strong enough for me.
            I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
            He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

I also have a couple of abyss x rods as back ups and I can't complain about them.

Comment

11ft rod won't cope at Boddingtons 12ft 6in distance feeder or larger are what you want, just bought one for my next trip. The guy next to me was throwing around 100yrds with a Dutch Master, I could only get around 70yrds and you've guessed it he had more fish and won our section.

Comment

Cheers guys, I will check out the Maver rods and see how they feel.

Comment

Working...
                  X