Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

drennan acoyte pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drennan acoyte pole

After some honest reviews on this pole and how it compares to other flagship models

Not that great then

Comment

Ala n scotthorne,Steve hemmingrey,jonny Arthur,Chris vandervliet,Simon willsmore,Darren Davies and plenty of other top matchmen use the acolyte and drennan don't make anything rubbish so I would say they are ok

Comment

Although there have been numerous breakages by guys on the soar, just in the interest of balance

Comment

I've had mine a few months now without any problems. Good piece of kit in my opinion

Comment

Have you had a look at one Dazza?, I am looking at replacing my colmic x5000 , the acolyte looks to be one of the best out there at the moment
            Hopefully I will have a look at one in the next couple of weeks, at the moment I have not seen one or had hold of one, will let you know how it compares to my Colmic

Comment

Never saw one. in the end got airily due to mixed reviews.

Comment

fell out with drennan over the acolite pole. n0.4 snapped clean cupping out and the refused to replace it! the technical guy at drennan wrote me a two page essay on how all the sections are flexed on checked before leaving the factory but did not have time to return a single call ! I'm a tackle dealer and as you would expect after calling several times and leaving messages for him to call me back I eventually lost my wragg with them.

Comment

Not good mate.did they replace

Comment

Not very good for Drennan customer services Andy,
                    I would have thought Drennan would be a decent company to deal with, how wrong could I be, what was the outcome Andy?

Comment

finished up with us parting company with drennan ! I haven't spoke to peter drennan and I'm not sure he is aware of the situation . I tried to deal with the so called sales manager who frankly could not manage a up in a brewery. I phoned him several times and was promised he would call me back but not once would he return my call! obviously I lost my wragg and told the receptionist to tell the spineless sales manager to call me back and the next thing I received was a two page essay telling me that basically I couldn't fish and there was nothing wrong with the pole etc. he didn't have time to call me back but could write me a two page letter ! I don't think so !!!! there have been numerous other people who have had breakages with this pole and I know that some have received the same service from drennan . we have dealt with drennan for around 40 years , never again !!!
                      Last edited by hurricane; 29 June 2014, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Drennan along with Daiwa,have always provided me with first class customer service.
                        only Preston Innovations,Korum,Sonubaits,have refused to provide any customer service whatsoever to me personally,and lost my custom and respect as a result of this.

Comment

preston , korum and sonubaits are all the same company and we as company have not experienced any problems with them or Daiwa for that matter . the subject in question is drennan so I fail to see what relevance they have to this post ?

Comment

Originally posted by andy bacon View Post
                            preston , korum and sonubaits are all the same company and we as company have not experienced any problems with them or Daiwa for that matter . the subject in question is drennan so I fail to see what relevance they have to this post ?
                            Andy,i was just refering to my own experiences with manufacturers customer services,and not trying to detract from the main topic of the thread.

Comment

Heard a few bad reports on the drennan and them not replacing broken sections, not good.
                              [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

[/SIZE] [url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
                              X