Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Rod Recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Recomendations

I know rods are a bit of a personal choice, but its been some time since I've bought a new one for the rivers as I have what I need or so I thought.

So can anyone recommend (so I can get a shortlist) a 14 or 15ft rod capable of handling barbel and hopefully big Chub on the waggler, using big reverse wagglers and up to 8lb line (mainly 6lb).
    I would prefer a fixed length rod and not a combo ie not a 13 / 15ft.
    River anglers Go with the flow.

Leeda Assassin ll Commercial Carp would do the trick. It's a 15/17 but you could just use it at 15. Solid as a rock. Ideal for what you want I reckon. Ya can pick em up 2nd hand for £30.
    Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect!!
    Face your fears, Live your dreams.

Comment

Cheers staff, il have a waggle

Comment

Diawa match winner power float
        " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Comment

Ducci, just had a browse, are these discontinued now?

Comment

Yeah mate but some in eBay go for about 60ish it's the will raison power match winner real nice power rod I used it on the Avon on the point at anchor meadow and I know this will upset some but here goes lol pushing a big Avon through over depth feeding 8mm pellets took 9 big chub to 5lb and x7 barbel biggest 9lb 12oz about two years ago I also use it for big splasher work it's a good peice of kit

Comment

Sounds good.
              And a dream days fishing

Comment

I'm going to go on lido stretch at Stratford in next few weeks can't wait to run that waggler over the far bank lol

Comment

Severn around bewdley/bnorth fishing very well on the wagg mate

Comment

Working...
                  X