Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cutting back Daiwa G20 top kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting back Daiwa G20 top kits

Hi guys

I've got a G20, and at the moment the match top kits still have the number 1's in them, cut back so there's maybe 12" of the number 1 left, and the power kits and cupping kit are all cut to the same length as this.

I'm thinking of removing the number 1's from the match kits and bushing the number 2's so I can use slightly bigger elastics in them. I'll be wanting to cut back all my other kits to the same length, but I'm wondering if I'll still be able to get the adapter onto the end of the cupping kit once this is cut back too? It has a Preston Kup adapter on it at the moment, but if I remember rightly the bigger size adapter only just fit onto the cupping kit as it was.

Does anyone know which cup/adapter will fit the cupping kit if I cut it back to the same length as a match kit with the number 1 removed?

Thanks
    Steve

Not sure if im reading this right or not.

You might be lucky and find that when you cut your cupping kit back..... the adapter might just push inside the tip and this can then be glued in place.

Alternatively if the adapter does not fit.......... when you cut back your cupping kit, keep the spare length of carbon...... normally this can then be cut down & "slid over the the tip OR inside the tip" of the cupping kit and the adapter can then be glued in place at the required length.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvers Si View Post
      Not sure if im reading this right or not.

You might be lucky and find that when you cut your cupping kit back..... the adapter might just push inside the tip and this can then be glued in place.

Alternatively if the adapter does not fit.......... when you cut back your cupping kit, keep the spare length of carbon...... normally this can then be cut down & "slid over the the tip OR inside the tip" of the cupping kit and the adapter can then be glued in place at the required length.
      I found when I had my 2012 Whisker I used the match kits without the number 1's & as Si said I cut the cupping kit back to match & what I cut off the length of the cupping kit I then telescoped it back through with the adaptor. It also stiffens the cupping kit.

I think that Drennan supply 2 different sizes of adapter with their Polemaster cups
      John

Comment

Cheers fellas I'll try that then.

John - how far back did you cut the cupping kit before telescoping the end back through? Ie. did you cut it so it was a bit shorter than your other top kits to allow for the extra length added back on once the adapter was telescoped?
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spickup79 View Post
          Cheers fellas I'll try that then.

John - how far back did you cut the cupping kit before telescoping the end back through? Ie. did you cut it so it was a bit shorter than your other top kits to allow for the extra length added back on once the adapter was telescoped?
          Steve, its trial & error mate but a couple of bits of spare carbon is usefull. If I remember rightly (I dont have the pole anymore) the telescoped part stuck out about 75mm. You could pm Paul K because hes still got his & used the same idea as me
          John

Comment

Cheers john, will give Paul a shout.
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X