Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Garbolino rocket picker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbolino rocket picker

Hi all,

Has anyone heard or had problems with the 8ft picker??

I bought one just for short chucks and whilst setting up at home pulled the tip round no problem bit more welly and the carrier section exploded.

I'm just glad I wasn't playing a fish.

Is it a common fault or my bad luck?
    here carpy carpy carpy

I got an 8/9/10ft from Trothy about 2yrs ago
    as Stand ins 1st time out with 8ft i had 6 Carp over 18lbs the heaviest 25.12
    Take yours back mate ,they will replace it without question
    my Lad has used the 10ft @ Shatterford ,Bream fishing & hooked & landed a ugly great Catfish of 39lbs so they are definately Strong enough
    Colin

Comment

Sections will break easily if just pulled over by the tip
      if trying always put a Reel on it & thread the line through ,this utilises the curve of the blank
      Colin

Comment

Hi col,

This was with a line and reel in that's why I was so surprised, glad to know they can handle it though.

Shop has been in touch via mail and are replacing the whole rod free.
        here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

was just a bit of advice for others mate
          Didnt think for a minute you would have just wanged tip over
          I remember a few yrs back a bloke came into th shop i was managing
          the MK11 President had just been released @ £130 for a 13ft approx 3 to 4 weeks wages for most blokes @ the time,he set it up a literaly tried to push the ceiling of the shop up a ft
          the rod exploded in about 5 different places .
          he said them things are Crap & walked out the door
          he spent the next 6months or so telling everyone who would listen bhow useless they were.
          He cost me an absolute fortune !!
          Colin

Comment

I've heard about a few having problems with them, better off with something marginally more expensive such as the the garbo maxim picker or maver abyss x.

Comment

I had 2 of these rods do exactly the same a few years ago mate in the same match... The line rating is only 4lb if i remember rightly and i put 6lb on, big mistake. I never did replace the carrier sections and i have 2 butt ends in my shed gathering dust.. For £15 more i would get a Korum CS series 9ft or Matrix 9ft.

Comment

Replaced it before using it lol. Got a map parabolix 8ft in the bobco sale for £100 bargain.
                here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Working...
                X