Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

recommend front drag baitrunner type reel for commercial sizedcarp float/bomb fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend front drag baitrunner type reel for commercial sizedcarp float/bomb fishing

not super expensive but the kind you would use catching single figure carp all day without the thing exploding..

cheers

Shimano 4000Fa DL I would imagine would do you nicely!
    Ousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh ;)

Comment

Hi m8 when u say not super expensive lets say about £50 squids the shimano baby br or a diawa regal z br would be in there or maybe okuma,s they have a couple of good reels at that price but i,d have a look at the newly out drennan br either size 30 or 40 Drennan quality, high spec, shallow spools. if u google Drennan Int. there,s prob a vid clip on there
      Tight Lines !!!
      MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

thanks fellas, anybody any experience of the maver reactorlite?
        http://www.fishingtackle2go.co.uk/Ma...FSsTwwodpHwAWQ
        watched a guy on youtube and he was using one
        Last edited by kpr1969; 31 July 2014, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kpr1969 View Post
          thanks fellas, anybody any experience of the maver reactorlite?
          http://www.fishingtackle2go.co.uk/Ma...FSsTwwodpHwAWQ
          watched a guy on youtube and he was using one
          Thats not a baitrunner type reel m8 nice reel would be fine but not a b/r . tight lines
          MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

would a baitrunner reel not really be what i'm looking for then?
            i'm looking for a versatile reel that can be used for float/lead/feeder fishing...
            and maybe sticking a lead out for carp on an alarm while i fish the pole.

Comment

The Drennan reels are quality build at a sensible price.

Comment

after packing up the other day I was chatting with a guy who was doing really well method fishing meat down the margins taking nice carp late on. He was using one a drennan method baitrunner reels and couldn't praise it enough..
                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRENNAN-SE...item4d1ade71fd

anybody any experience?

Comment

A shimano dl or xt in 2500 or 4000 sizes are probably the best baitrunner reels for the fishing you'll be doing. If you want a standard front drag reel look at daiwa or shimano, don't get the maver reactorlite you linked to in an earlier post, it's bloody awful.

Comment

Originally posted by fordysufc View Post
                    A shimano dl or xt in 2500 or 4000 sizes are probably the best baitrunner reels for the fishing you'll be doing. If you want a standard front drag reel look at daiwa or shimano, don't get the maver reactorlite you linked to in an earlier post, it's bloody awful.
                    too late, I went ahead and got the maver, and after a few trips out, mostly fishing feeder/method and bomb I think it'll be used for float/waggler work.

Comment

Working...
                    X