Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Shimano Speedmaster Pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimano Speedmaster Pole

I am looking to purchase a new pole and would appreciate any opinions on this pole, good bad or otherwise, hopefully from users, and no I dont need to know that Garbolino, Maver, Daiwa make a better pole Cheers Lads

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Brian when i worked at Fosters Speedmaster was a top seller, great finish, good spares, and a good all-rounder, never had any problems with them, plus Shimano back up is very very good and Fosters have them on sale at £750 for 16mtrs, could do a lot worse mate

Comment

Yes seen the price at Fosters which appears to be the best around at the moment.

Comment

Which speedmaster are you looking at? The 16m XT or the 14.5m AX?
        Steve Ringer
        Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

The 16 metre one Steve mind you might just struggle to see a float at that range

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G
            I am looking to purchase a new pole and would appreciate any opinions on this pole, good bad or otherwise, hopefully from users, and no I dont need to know that Garbolino, Maver, Daiwa make a better pole Cheers Lads
            Last edited by Brian G; 1 November 2006, 09:25 AM.
            [IMG]http://koszog.rx8.eu/_horg/garbolino_350.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

That will be the XT then Brian, as polemaster said if Fosters are doing them for £750 you will have to spend an awful lot more money to better that.
              Steve Ringer
              Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

Why has my post been changed
                [IMG]http://koszog.rx8.eu/_horg/garbolino_350.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

John, your eyes are going mate, must be staring at that float that dont go under

Comment

Have you won the lottery Brian!?
                    John - Kingfisher
                    Talk Angling Senior Member
                    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Brian, I smashed my beast master last week so brought a speedmaster 16m xt, only used it 3 times so far, last week i used it at Tunnel barn winning the Wed open and Clubman final with big weights of F1's, Had a 12lb carp on it at Blythe as well so no problems as yet mate, Im heavy handed so all seems ok for me, just off to packington to give a work out there.
                      Team Carling ( Drinking For England )

Comment

No John, a little bonus dropped my way via my mortage - endownment policy means i can swap my pole plus I thought it was time I had something that was did not bend like a banana at 13 metres, mind you the wife has some of it spent on a bit of decorating, hope she leaves me enough to buy a pole ,

Comment

Well done Brian. Like to see your purchase after the next match!!
                          John - Kingfisher
                          Talk Angling Senior Member
                          Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

i bought the speedmaster comp a few weeks ago and have to say i think it is suberb. i had to use it at 16m last thursday and it was a dream to use.

Comment

I have also recently bought a Shimano Speedmaster XT ( Half price deal from Fosters) I have only used it once so far but I am chuffed to bits. The finish on it puts some other poles to shame and it is easily fishable at 16mtrs. It comes witha great spares package too. Extras are reasonably priced as well.
                              If you are thinking of a new pole you must look at this one. I have had a number of poles over the years but this one is the best so far.
                              Regards
                              Scoobs

Comment

Working...
                              X