Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

best way of connecting dinsmore swimfeeder to running leger swivel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way of connecting dinsmore swimfeeder to running leger swivel

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-DINSMOR...ht_1729wt_1543

best way of connecting these little beauties to the running leger bead..
    Has a very tiny hole which isn't big enough to get the swivel through..any suggestions?
    was down to my last feeder today and ended up losing it just when I had got through the little skimmers and started to hit the bigger stuff feeder broke off..

Thanks

Best way would be to tie this direct to main line and have hooklength coming off on a paternoster setup above the feeder.
    Or, tie a 6 inch or shorter if preferred piece of line onto the feeder and the swivel onto the other end of this, then thread swivel through mainline and stop it with a bead or suchlike against the hooklength knot.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Just thread Heavy line /Dacron or Power gum through the middle tie a bead or split ring 1.5" above top of feeder !!
      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
        Best way would be to tie this direct to main line and have hooklength coming off on a paternoster setup above the feeder.
        Or, tie a 6 inch or shorter if preferred piece of line onto the feeder and the swivel onto the other end of this, then thread swivel through mainline and stop it with a bead or suchlike against the hooklength knot.
        cheers Spadge,
        I was never very confident with the paternoster set up for ledgering. Much prefer the free running.
        I was up Moreton again last night, they are all fishing the slow sinker up there now.. some nice carp coming out. Checked out lingmere too,lads from connahs quay ac were weighing in, just under 80lb took it. Gonna have to give both these places a try once this wild wind dies down a bit. Whats this about some kind of lice on the fish up there?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
          Just thread Heavy line /Dacron or Power gum through the middle tie a bead or split ring 1.5" above top of feeder !!
          think this is the way to go...I have spotted some snap swivels that might fit through that hole so I'll try them 1st

Comment

sorry didnt realise there was a bit above the lead with a hole in it !!
            Iwould just put a loop of 30lbs Dacron through it with a small bead on ,& not bother with swivels
            Make your loop about 1.5"
            Colin

Comment

hole is very tight, not much bigger than the eye of a small hook, not sure 30lb Dacron would go through it to be honest.

Comment

Working...
              X